mille molting? or dieing????

Spider-Man v2.0

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
my millie has for the past few weeks stayed hidden in this one spot.. i whould take her our and she whould crawl right back to it... i havent noticed her out at all, alltho hears another millie about her size that i might have mixed up with her.
any way... i decited she was probly geting ready to molt so i have left her alone completly for a while now... and i a few days ago decited to check on her, and noticed some discolouration, witch whould be normoal for molting, but allso that shes realy realy realy limp.... not stiff but just limp and some what slugish when moveing, and realy weak...
any way hear are a few pics... allso just under her head i noticed thies wieared white things.. what are thay if any one can tell me.. plz hel
pics hear

Last edited:

fantasticp

Arachnocompulsive
Old Timer
That last pic is definitely a molting pic. Millis commonly dig a shallow hole like that to molt in. I was getting a little worried at the first two. It is usually never god when a milli goes limp like that. Did the third picture get taken before you picked him/her up for the first two? Sometimes a millipede can take a couple weeks or more to molt after going into the position in the third pic. Put it back in the hole. It needs the humidity.

8+)

Arachnolord
Old Timer
It's hard to tell, but the first pic seems to indicate that that is a male. I think that is the bulbous part if the gonapore.

I agree with fantasticp, the best thing you can do is leave him be. I hope he's alright.

Spider-Man v2.0

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
the white things whear never thear befor, and im sure this isnt my male...

the last pic was the first one i took...

8+)

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Well, it's hard to tell what it is, as the pic is out of focus at that spot. Sorry to say, I don't have a good feeling about your pede. :(

Spider-Man v2.0

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
yea i confremed it was one of my girls, and shes dead as of now i think... ill give her a few more hours then remove her into a sperate dish with some dirt, incase it might still be a molt. :(

Spider-Man v2.0

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
good and bad news,
shes still alive, but only just hangeing on it seems....
out of the 4 millies i only have 1 male, and thats defently not the male.. im realy wanting to know what those white things are, thay are just under her head, 2 of them

the tips of her legs are disscolouring, becomeing a whiteish colour, and right at eatch overlap in her segments thears allso whighting.. allso shes secreating this chemical from her skin that stained my hand purple....

Voodooschaaf

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
The white things under the second segment are the female genitals

Greez
Shura and the whole bunch

Spider-Man v2.0

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
and thay only come out when thay are dieing huh??

im soo sad now... im not sure what i did wrong!! :(
i have had them for a while now, are 4 too many for a 20 gallon long??

Mr. Mordax

Arachnoking
Old Timer
The stuff that stained your hand is a defensive chemical -- if she's secreting that, she's still alive (for now).

8+)

Arachnolord
Old Timer
and thay only come out when thay are dieing huh??

im soo sad now... im not sure what i did wrong!! :(
i have had them for a while now, are 4 too many for a 20 gallon long??
Or moulting?

No that's plenty of room.

If she's secreting that chemical and she usually doesn't, that should tell you that she doesn't want to be handled right now.

The whitening would make sense if she's moulting, as the exo is starting to separate.

I really think the worst thing you've done is the continued handling. Think about it, would you keep messing with a spider like that if you thought it might be moulting? It's trauma enough to them as it is.