Mild surprize at petstore

captmarga

Arachnobaron
Stopped in at one of the local Petcos, just because. Today they go in two Ts, an Avicularia (marked A. avicularia) and a G. rosea (looked to be the "gray" form).

Both were on eco-earth, both had (overlarge, but) full water dishes, large hides. The rosea looked to be a small juy male, could not tell at all on the pinktoe. It had a very small abdomen.

The lady was afraid of the Ts, but carefully followed instructions as to moving them (using a beta cup instead of scaring them into a cardboard box), added something for the pinktoe to climb on, and said she'd make sure it got large crickets tonight.

The pinktoe was a little larger than I thought once it unscrunched, at about 3.5". Quite leggy. Did not appear to be A. metallica. The rosea was about the same in DLS, and was the brown/gray form.

I also asked her if they were WC or CB. She thought they were both CB but was unsure. I did not purchase either T.

Marga

Nicole

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
They are both WC. Good to hear they are being well cared for!

captmarga

Arachnobaron
I am sure they are WC, but thought I'd shake the tree a bit, as it were... it shook her a moment. She didn't realize some animals are still WC...

I will stop back by next week and check on them.

Marga

gmrpnk21

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Wow! Someone at a big pet store actually takes care of their tarantulas? None of the ones around here even carry them! I am actually a bit jealous now...