might of been had....

codykrr

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Well, Tonight I was doing so tank cleaning, and upgrading when I was stumped by something.

A while back I did a trade for some H. villosella. I recieved 5. all in their containers labeled H. villosella.

well, I know for a fact two are for sure 100% positive H. villosella. there were two juvies, and 3 very small slings.

the two juvies are the ones I am positive about.

The three slings have since molted a few times and now I am wondering if they arent H. macs....:rolleyes:

I say this, because I also have 5 H. macs. gotten from another buddy on here(mobugguy) and guess what?

They look the same.

What really caught my eye was when I was rehousing the "h. villosella" when I noticed they had pads on the front legs...different patterns on their abdomen, and a greenish hue to them.

But before I go confronting the person who traded me. i want some opinions.

so here are some pics.

now, mods, I am not sure, but since this is more of an "I.D." type thread...I will put it here. because this isnt really to "chat" about.

So what do you all think? H.mac or H. villosella ?

They are about 1/2 inch. biggest of the 3 is 3/4 inch

thanks guys and gals.

syndicate

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Hmmm I think you might be right Cody.I havent kept villosella in years but I don't recall them looking much like that as slings/juvies.
-Chris

LV-426

Arachnobaron
I know how you feel, I feel I was sold a "brazilian b&w" 1" sling could possibly be an LP or curly hair. I admit im new to this hobby and got caught without doin my due diligence.

codykrr

Arachnoking
Old Timer
The thing is though, I am not new, nor was the person who may have pulled one over on me.

Now I am not saying he did this intentionally. But, It defiantly happened....:(

look this is an H. mac pic from the genus index...looks identical

http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showpost.php?p=1373942&postcount=173

then here are some H. villosella slings. totally different.:mad:

http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showpost.php?p=757992&postcount=33

or this

http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showpost.php?p=810203&postcount=45

so since I am almost 100% positive about this. What should I do? should I confront the person and ask for either replacement...money back...or what?

I mean H. incei are what 20 to 25 each...H. macs are what...3 to 5 bucks each?

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I have seen H. villosella as well.. Those aint H. villosella.. But since you have already seen that..

I would expect my money back or a replacement.. The shipper gets the H. mac (Err.. UnIDed slings..) back when he/she pays for shipping..

AbraxasComplex

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I suggest waiting another molt or two. Although the body shape is a little odd and slightly more hairy I have seen a few dark to almost black H.villosella slings/juvies in my social tank. They usually molt out to look more like the rest of the H.villosella you see in photos.

But still doesn't look exactly like the dark ones I've witnessed.

NikiP

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Maybe power feed them through a few more molts?

They do look a lot like the H. maculata slings i've had.

codykrr

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I suggest waiting another molt or two. Although the body shape is a little odd and slightly more hairy I have seen a few dark to almost black H.villosella slings/juvies in my social tank. They usually molt out to look more like the rest of the H.villosella you see in photos.

But still doesn't look exactly like the dark ones I've witnessed.
See the thing that is almost a 100% dead giveaway. Is the fact the front 4 legs(they stay is a pokie stance-go figure) have huge pads...just like an arboreal.

I will give them one more molt. but I am pretty sure I already know what they are.:(

I mean, dont get me wrong. H. macs are sweet. But. I already have 5 of them...and these arent what I wanted.

If it makes it any better. The two actual H. villosella I do have are a breeding pair. I am just glad I didnt try a communal with these only to loose them.