Might be venturing in arboreal land...

Shanigirl

Arachnopeon
Hi! I have only dealt with terrestrial T's but tonight I went to the LPS to pick up some feeders and saw a huge "Metallic Pink Toe" no webbing and was told that they never saw her climb at all. She was down on the substrate. She just molted and I asked if I could check to see what the sex was. She is a she. The molt almost reminds me of a B. albopilosum. Roughly 5". I am just wondering of the lifespan and some input from you all. They are asking $39. Is this reasonable? Thanks for any info you can send!

DawgPoundSound

Arachnopeon
Hi! I have only dealt with terrestrial T's but tonight I went to the LPS to pick up some feeders and saw a huge "Metallic Pink Toe" no webbing and was told that they never saw her climb at all. She was down on the substrate. She just molted and I asked if I could check to see what the sex was. She is a she. The molt almost reminds me of a B. albopilosum. Roughly 5". I am just wondering of the lifespan and some input from you all. They are asking $39. Is this reasonable? Thanks for any info you can send!
At 5 inches for a female A. metallica that's a good deal. If she looks healthy to you and you want her then I say go for it. They feed well, and they web really good. However don't be surprised if you don't see webbing much, because they tend to be finnicky about their webbing. They will tear them down often, and sometimes won't web much at all and just hang out around the enclosure walls. Beautiful and calm T's if you could ever ask for one.

Stewjoe

Arachnosquire
That seems reasonable for a Avicularia sp. metallica LPS prices. Some Avics don't web very much and it it recently molted it may not be strong enough to climb yet. They usually stay vertical but if it didn't have a web then theirs no choice but to come down.

DawgPoundSound

Arachnopeon
That seems reasonable for a Avicularia sp. metallica LPS prices. Some Avics don't web very much and it it recently molted it may not be strong enough to climb yet. They usually stay vertical but if it didn't have a web then theirs no choice but to come down.
Well not really. Most of them once comfortable will walk the entire enclosure wall perimeter, and lace it with webbing, and just hang out on the walls. The personality difference of every spider is incredible.

Stewjoe

Arachnosquire
Well not really. Most of them once comfortable will walk the entire enclosure wall perimeter, and lace it with webbing, and just hang out on the walls. The personality difference of every spider is incredible.
Umm, this kinda seems in line with what I said. I said they tend to stay vertical, as in on the wall. Its kinda hard to mold in the position without a hammock though.