Midwest Or Tomahawk?

Nir Avraham

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
So, I decided to buy a collapsible snake tong. That would be easier for me to carry and to take for trips abroad...
If it's really matters, I don't usually see and catch venomous snakes at all, but I'm going to work as a snake catcher within a year, and I don't know where I'm going to be during my army service, but I know that I'm going to find a lot of snakes during my service...
I want to know which snake tong would be the best- Midwest or Tomahawk?
This is what I want to buy:
Midwest-
http://tongs.com/collapsiblegentlegiant40inchtong.aspx
Tomahawk-
Snake Equipment :: Snake Tongs (Grabbers) :: Collapsible Standard Snake Tong with Super Tube :: 315C - 42" Collapsible Snake Tong with Super Tube

Which one of them would be better? I know that the "Tomahawk" don't have any pins and the "Midwest" has one...

Thanks,
Nir

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
Tomahawk offers a 30 return policy. In case your tongs turn out to be cheap crap stamped Chineesium sheet metal with a rivet about to fall out.

RTTB

Arachnoprince
I've had my same MidWest tongs for close to 20 years now and has the original spring and everything. It's ridden in the trunk of several vehicles over that span and been used a lot.

Hellblazer

Arachnosquire
I don't use tongs, but I've had a Midwest collapsible hook for over 15 years and never had any problems with it.