Mid eastern sun spider

Alex9104

Arachnosquire
143D489C-C652-4AB1-A83F-688B69561645.jpeg I recently got a sun spider aka camel spider, I think these are also called the teddy bear sun spiders? I just want some tips on how to care for them, I am currently feeding it once or twice a week, would appreciate it if someone told me its actual name in biology, thanks in advance.

ReignofInvertebrates

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
There are a few people on here that know way more than I do about them, but here’s what I’ve gathered from keeping a few different species (mainly Eremobates from here in the U.S.) and what I’ve been told by the experts.

Keep them bone dry in a large enclosure with at least 4 inches of substrate to burrow in. Disturb them as little as possible and don’t feed too often. They do hibernate and can do so for months at a time so don’t be surprised by long periods of inactivity.

Royalty

Arachnoknight
They also might look dead when they molt because they stay still for a LONG time.

Alex9104

Arachnosquire
They also might look dead when they molt because they stay still for a LONG time.
Like for days? And are there any premolt signs? I am assuming the premolt signs are similar to that of scorpions and centipedes

ReignofInvertebrates

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Like for days? And are there any premolt signs? I am assuming the premolt signs are similar to that of scorpions and centipedes
They’ll become inactive weeks before molting. Often times their legs will be raised.

See this thread for more.

Alex9104

Arachnosquire
They’ll become inactive weeks before molting. Often times their legs will be raised.

See this thread for more.
Damn, thanks. Without this info I would’ve probably thrown away the camel spider when it’s molting

mantisfan101

Arachnoprince
That’s a paragaleodes sp, it’ll enter dormancy and will probably not eat for almost a whole year

Alex9104

Arachnosquire
That’s a paragaleodes sp, it’ll enter dormancy and will probably not eat for almost a whole year
Thanks for the ID, but will they still enter dormancy if I use a heat pad year round? And if not should I let them enter dormancy by removing the heat pad?

Ferrachi

Arachnoprince
View attachment 352801 I recently got a sun spider aka camel spider, I think these are also called the teddy bear sun spiders? I just want some tips on how to care for them, I am currently feeding it once or twice a week, would appreciate it if someone told me its actual name in biology, thanks in advance.
Definitely on my list as soon as I can source one out... :)