Microhylid and t's.

Tburtmcsquirt

Arachnopeon
Does anyone use these guys to help keep your t's tank clean? Just looking into getting one if it would help keep things clean. I have an a. Versicolor and a b. albopilosum. The curly hair will be a while before he gets a tank buddy but any info would be nice. I did a few searches on here and didn't see many answers I was looking for.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
I don't think it is a good idea. Your T would probably try to eat it if the frog is smaller than the T, and vice versa.
Only 'tankmates' for T's are springtails and pillbugs, and those only in humid enclosures.
Or, in the case of the M.balfouri, sacmates.

Tburtmcsquirt

Arachnopeon
Ok, I kind of figured as much. My A. Versi loves flinging poo so I was hoping to find something to help clean.

vespers

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
i think its cause of those stories of X immanis living with small frogs.
Yeah, but even that doesn't explain why someone would think that frogs would eat tarantula poo...Chiasmocleis ventrimaculata doesn't eat Xenesthis immanis excrement.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
Yeah, but even that doesn't explain why someone would think that frogs would eat tarantula poo...Chiasmocleis ventrimaculata doesn't eat Xenesthis immanis excrement.
where d he say that?

vespers

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
where d he say that?
This statement...
My A. Versi loves flinging poo so I was hoping to find something to help clean.
...sure does seem make it seem that he thought the frog would clean up tarantula poo somehow. If not eating it, then I don't know what else one would think. It isn't as if the frog is going to pull out a sponge and a scrub bucket lol.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
This statement...

...sure does seem make it seem that he thought the frog would clean up tarantula poo somehow. If not eating it, then I don't know what else one would think. It isn't as if the frog is going to pull out a sponge and a scrub bucket lol.
Now THAT would be a frog i would be interested in :D

Tburtmcsquirt

Arachnopeon
Jeeze. Last time I ask on here. The thing on this earth that made me ask was that I read an article. God forbid I try to get more information from people who have been doing this longer than I have. Thanks for nothing.

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
Jeeze. Last time I ask on here. The thing on this earth that made me ask was that I read an article. God forbid I try to get more information from people who have been doing this longer than I have. Thanks for nothing.
Whoa, calm down, no need to be so defensive. He was joking, but it's a legitimate question that you still haven't answered - how would a frog help with cleaning? What article are you referring to?

Try to avoid putting a mean tone on the posts you read. This is a forum, meaning there is no tone to read from. If you put an attitude on the post, then that's your issue.

Tburtmcsquirt

Arachnopeon
So easy to tell when people are joking. Like I said in my last entry, I just read an article.

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
So easy to tell when people are joking. Like I said in my last entry, I just read an article.
That said what, though? I'm legitimately curious as to how a frog could possibly help keep an enclosure clean. I just don't get it.

Tburtmcsquirt

Arachnopeon
It said some frogs hang around and eat excrement. I'd try to find it but I just feel stupid for asking anything in the first place so idc. Obviously a stupid question since all the previous comments are jokes or making fun of my question.

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
It said some frogs hang around and eat excrement. I'd try to find it but I just feel stupid for asking anything in the first place so idc. Obviously a stupid question since all the previous comments are jokes or making fun of my question.
You asked a question, @Andrea82 answered it fully, and that was that. If you wanted a discussion, perhaps including the article or at least the context of your question would have helped. Clearly people wanted to discuss it, but no one (myself included) had any idea why you'd even ask such a question. It's not our fault that you gave us nothing to go off of.

The only stupid questions are the ones with no ground to stand on. If you just randomly asked if frogs eat tarantula poop, then yes, that's a stupid question. But the question was clearly sparked by something you read, which people were interested in, meaning it had a basis. Discussing this surely would have beat out the endless questions that can be answered by literally typing the question into Google.

Rittdk01

Arachnoknight
^^^lol no worries. That would be great if frogs could be tank mates with tarantulas. I thought pinktoes could be housed together from online videos when I first started out. I bought two, fully intending on housing them together. Luckily, I never did and learned a lot since.

Tburtmcsquirt

Arachnopeon
Ok. I just figured I'd bring it up on here because I could only seem to find the same info. I couldn't find if they do that with a singular breed or more. That's why I asked. I am new here and I don't always know what to put. Sure I could have copied and pasted a link but I didn't think of that. Clearly no one asked me for that, they went straight to making jokes and mocking my question. I never said no one answered my question.. I responded to her.