Micro Mantis

Reptiliatus

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hey everyone!

Being in Israel has given me the opportunity to identify and find many different mantis species! A week ago I found my 2nd species (first one being my sphodromantis viridis) a very, very small Ameles heldreichi nymph :D!

Just thought I'd share a little video of this one eating a baby lobster roach.

Enjoy! Dayyan (Reptiliatus Channel)

[YOUTUBE]LJFv2UVwJno[/YOUTUBE]

zonbonzovi

Creeping beneath you
Old Timer
I dig the pronounced eyes & unlike some mantid keepers, like the sandy, brown coloration.

Alejandro45

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
wow beautiful little mantid..... I can really see the relation to grasshoppers in this one. :cool:

Alejandro45

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
BHHWWA?:eek: I thought grasshoppers, locusts, crickets, and mantises belonged in the order Orthoptera??

Bugs In Cyberspace

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
That group of bugs can still be referred to as Orthopteroid, though the term is less favorable.

Great video of a species rarely discussed. I wonder how close that individual was to maturity??

Here's another "dwarf" mantis species I photographed a couple days ago. It's a Litaneutria sp. that we collected in Washington state last summer. Actually, it's the offspring of a female we collected.

Attachments

Reptiliatus

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
That group of bugs can still be referred to as Orthopteroid, though the term is less favorable.

Great video of a species rarely discussed. I wonder how close that individual was to maturity??

Here's another "dwarf" mantis species I photographed a couple days ago. It's a Litaneutria sp. that we collected in Washington state last summer. Actually, it's the offspring of a female we collected.
Thanks!

Well to be honest I'm not sure what instar it was in but I would imagine this specimen was still quite young.

Wow thanks for sharing the image of the Litaneutria sp.!

Dayyan