Michigan Arachnid/Bug lovers! Please read this thread!

rustym3talh3ad

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Ok guys...So on Sunday October 24th from 6pm-9pm we are having a Halloween spectacular at Preuss Pets. Included in this will be contests, speeches from entomology professors, as well as all kinds of wonderful and fun activities. We are also holding a Fund Raiser raise money for our local Harris Nature Center in Lansing. This fund raiser will help build a new look out/observation deck at Harris overlooking the Red Cedar river. As the main event Preuss' very own Sean Murphy will be breaking the World Record for amount of Live Madagascar hissing Cockroaches (Gromphadorhina portentosa) in his mouth. Guinness Book officials will be there to register the event as a real record.

I as well as one of my Arachno-savvy coworkers will have a display table set up to show off and discuss some of our prized adult tarantula. We will have species including P. metallica, P. tigrinawesseli, P. miranda, P. lugardi, P. murinus, A. geniculata, P. subfusca, and MANY MANY more. We are show casing these tarantula to give people an idea to what some of the slings we carry in the store will look like as an adult as well as help the general public have a better understanding of our hobby. As a contribution we will donate 10% of all Preuss' tarantula sales during the event to Harris Nature Center.

We encourage you to bring the friends and family down to Preuss Pets as we will be keeping the registers open til 7:30pm the night of the event for people to give donations to Harris Nature Center as well as take advantage of the many sales we will have. I'm sure I will see some of the familiar faces from the boards but this message goes out to everyone. Even if you have no idea who I am, come on down, check out the store and stop by the tarantula table located in the reptile room and say hi. Thanks in advance to those who come out to show support for your local Lansing community. See you there!

Here is a video showing not only the advertisement for the event but also what we are trying to accomplish. Also I've included the Preuss Pets website for those who have never heard of our store.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4aG5LPAdD8

http://preusspets.com/store/

Any questions please feel free to contact me via Private Message or email located in my public profile.

rustym3talh3ad

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Whos coming out to witness cheesy history and show appreciation for what we are trying to do?

rustym3talh3ad

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
6 days away from the main event. I really hope I see some of you AB members out there, this will be a night to remember!

iluvspidrs

Arachnopeon
I may try to make it out. I live in Swartz Creek but Preuss is only a few miles from where I work.

rustym3talh3ad

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
AWESOME! im glad to see someone is interested. It's not just for gimmicks or to make money, its for a cause. we are really hoping that our donations from this event will help Harris Nature Center build their new board walk. I myself came up with the idea of donating part of our invert sales that day to them and also setting up a table to display some of my prized beauties to help people better understand the hobby as well as the ideas behind what these animals are.

Remember everyone its this sunday october 24th at 6pm. It's expected to be a huge turn out so get there as soon as you can to get good parking and adequate time to see all the cool stuff going on!