1. The Review & Report forums are closed to new posts. Please use our new Reviews & Reports section to leave reviews & reports. If you do not see a review item for a seller, please contact them and request they create their own review item. If you would like to leave a breeding/bite/sting report, please contact an administrator with the species name that you would like to report and what type of report you would like to leave. We will create an item for you. The Seller/Buyer/Shop Inquiries/Warnings forum is still open for new posts.
Hello there, why not take a few seconds to register on our forums and become part of the community? Just click here.

Michael Jacobi's Spider Shoppe (www.spidershoppe.com)

Discussion in 'Online Dealer Reviews' started by Frostbyte, May 7, 2003.

1. Michael Jacobi

Michael Jacobi RETIRED/RARELY USE AB Arachnosupporter

Advertisement
    Thanks Michael. This book is indeed a "must have", not only for people with an interest in Aphonopelma, but anyone interested in the pioneering captive husbandry and breeding info by one of the greatest American arachnologists. The fact that this book has sold so poorly in the US is a complete shame.

Cheers, Michael

2. becca81

becca81 Arachnoemperor Old Timer

Positive!

Just received in a few spiders from Michael and, as always, everything was wonderful - from communication to packing to quality of the spiders!

I've bought spiders and/or supplies from Michael on several occasions and have yet to have anything other than a great experience!

3. POSITIVE!

I just completed a trade with Michael for a metallica s'ling. Everything went great! Perfect shipping and great communication! He's a great guy to do buisness with!

4. EDED

EDED Arachnobaron Old Timer

USA
    positive

healthy looking animals (H. schmidti and H. hainanum) arrived on time and well packed.

very satisfied.

thank you again.

5. BurrowDweller

BurrowDweller Arachnoknight Old Timer

Ordered 10 slings from Michael and all arrived in excellent condition and settled in very quickly. Good communication over email and overall a great experience. Would definately recommend buying from him!

6. SamtheMan

SamtheMan Arachnopeon

Hey just a follow up to my negative review. Thanks to my previous post here I was able to get in touch with Michael. He sent me the spider I ordered (M. mesomelas) and threw in a very nice freebie (B. smithi). So I thought should comment that though he did goof up my order, he did address the problem in a timely manner once he found out about it and was kind enough to compensate me for my extended wait.

7. CFNSmok.PL

CFNSmok.PL Arachnoknight Old Timer

Just received shipment of T,s from Michael. All arrived in excellent condition. Very good communication, very good packing. Low prices and of course freebe. Thank You Michael.

Smok.

8. Beardo

Beardo Arachnoprince Old Timer

POSITIVE

I just received my first order of slings from Mr. Jacobi (I've dealt with him in person multiple times in the past though) and I am very pleased with how the transaction went. The slings arrived safely and were very lively upon emerging from their shipping containers. Great service, great animals. Can't go wrong dealing with Michael! :)

9. reclusa

reclusa Arachnoknight Old Timer

Very Positive

Received 3 new Tarantulas today {D {D {D . I am always very pleased when ever I do business with Mr. Jacobi. The package was well packed. The individual Ts were well packed. And all 3 are in great health. I also appreciate the fact that Mr. Jacobi will respond quickly to both emails and PMs with info even when it does not mean he is getting a sale. ie. how to set up a certain sp., or what special requirements it may have. He,s always a pleasure to do business with.
    Thank you John

10. Positive!!!

I ordered 3 Avics from Mr. Jacobi yesterday. All 3 arrived today about 10:00 am in EXCELLENT shape. I have rarely received slings in such great shape (fat and healthy). They were also packaged extremely well. They could of gone through some serious bumps and they would of never known. I definitely will deal with Mr. Jacobi again and recomend everyone do as well, you will not regret it.:clap:

Cesar.

11. Juraki

Juraki Arachnosquire Old Timer

Positive!

My order of 6 spiderlings showed up today, all are healthy and looking very nice!

Mr. Jacobi packed them extremly well, and I'm very impressed at the care he put into it. The entire experience was smooth with no problems at all. Mr. Jacobi was a very friendly and professional individual to deal with, and I will definately be back in the future! Thanks!! {D

12. mikeythefireman

mikeythefireman Arachnoknight Old Timer

Just received my order of 3 slings today. These little guys are awesome. Michael was fast, very good with communicating and packaged these babies to live.

Thanks Michael!:D

13. Wolvie56X

Wolvie56X Arachnobaron Old Timer

Extremely POSITIVE!!!

Michael Jacobi is awesome and i will DO business with him again and anytime

We talked about a nice deal, added some freebies and shipped it fast and on time, I have never been so happy with an online deal like this before, this man is amazing!!!

keep up the great work and looking forward doing business with again in the future!

14. IguanaMama

IguanaMama Arachnoangel Old Timer

Positive

I got my coveted P. metallica from Michael. Michael is one of the few dealers I would trust to get this spider from, because I know I would get a healthy well cared for spider from him. Needless to say, it is doing very well.

I also picked up the Australian trio, they are really fun spiders, they tunnel and web!

The spiders arrived healthy and well packed! As usual, I am happy with my purchases from the Spider Shoppe!

15. billopelma

billopelma Arachnolord Old Timer

*Negative*

Back in early May, I placed an order with Michael Jacobi's Spider Shoppe for a few B. jacksoni and a few t's. One of the scorps came in dead, a second was barely responsive and died within a few days. One t' was nearly half the stated size, another was (knowingly) sold as the wrong species, though
    I found that was at least partially the fault of the Theraphosid Breeding Project where it originated from. One scorp and one t' did arrive 'as advertised'.
    Michael apologised and admitted that the scorps were indeed suspect when shipped and expressed regret over not sending a couple extra scorps as he was unsure if all would make it. He also indicated that the id on the t' was indeed in question. He offered credit or a refund for the scorps but not replacement, which would have been my preference. I sent off pictures of the deceased and asked him to just credit my paypal acct. After a few weeks and no credit arrived I left a phone message and an email inquiry to which I got no response. I figured with Arachnocon and the BTS trip may be he just hadn't got to it. After a couple more months I sent him a polite email reminder and weeks later still have received no response. I did save email corespondence to verify much of this.
    I have seen from a couple other reviews and have also been told by more than one person that this is not untypical of him. If you're going to deal with this person I would make sure the sizes, species, terms and conditions are spelled out quite clearly.
    Anyway, it's not like it's a lot of money but it's a PITA having to chase it down and I don't appreciate being blown off like this.

Bill Corey

16. Michael Jacobi

Terms and conditions are clearly stated on my website and I normally do not provide refund - although I apparently (IIRC) made an exception in your case. As I am no longer involved in retail sales of animals, replacement or credit is impossible. If you forward me the aforementioned emails and/or exact dates so I can research the transaction through PayPal, I would be happy to provide a refund. Please direct future correspondence to exoticfauna@gmail.com, not this thread.

Best regards, Michael

17. billopelma

billopelma Arachnolord Old Timer

Sorry, would have been fine by me but you're the one who opted to open this can 'o worms here, so...

I am aware your terms are clearly stated as credit or replacement, no refunds and no shipping responsibility. I would much rather have had the scorps replaced than the offered refund. Though, paying $25 shipping for two little 3/4" B. jacksoni replacements that by your own admission were likely in poorer health than the dead ones I had already received sort of makes that 'satisfaction guarantee' option a bit like a cruel joke. And what good is a credit from a place I did not intend to order from again. Which is why, I'm assuming, you did the right thing, made the exception and offered a refund.
    I would have been satisfied enough at that point at least to not have posted a negative review had you simply followed up on your word.
    In any case my major complaint here is not about your questionable satisfaction guarantee. Rather it's about that you were very pro active in returning my phone and email correspondence until it came time to pay up, and then pulled a dissappearing act that I would be hard pressed to believe was not deliberate.

So after all this, now I need to provide proof of the tansaction?
    Glad I didn't do the order completely by phone and I guess I'm fortunate I saved the email.
    I suppose I should add "and save/record all correspondence" to the warning in my previous post.

I've forwarded to you the incriminating email BTW. Please PM me should it be lost again...

Bill

18. Michael Jacobi

??? I posted a brief reply to your negative review. Exactly how is that preemptive?

Are you are implying that a dealer of 24 years "deliberately" ran away from compensating a customer for the price of two inexpensive scorpions? Have you even read my other reviews? :wall:

I just replied to your email forwarding the "incriminating" :? past correspondence. However, you provided no important information such as the exact specimens that require refund and the price you paid. I will check my own records that hopefully will provide that information and then issue a refund.

Michael

Last edited: Sep 27, 2006
  19. Michael Jacobi

retail store closed :)

According to my records, you purchased 3 Babycurus jacksoni scorplings @ $8.50 each. Our correspondence indicates that you lost 2 of them, but I will refund payment for all three via PayPal. I hope this arrangement is satisfactory.

All the best, Michael

Dear SPIDER SHOPPE,

Your payment for $25.50 USD to w.corey@(edited for privacy).net has been initiated. The payment will be completed once the recipient has accepted the payment.

-----------------------------------
    Payment Details
    -----------------------------------

Amount: $25.50 USD

Transaction ID: 61910712X1257703X

Subject: refund

Last edited: Sep 27, 2006
  20. pinkzebra

pinkzebra Arachnobaron

USA
    neutral but may change

I have been trying to get in touch with this seller for more than a month now. On May 31 I ordered and paid for a subscription to Arachnoculture. In late August I realized I still had not rec'd a copy of the mag. I emailed seller and he got right back to me that he has no record of my payment and if I send him a copy of the receipt he will send a copy of the mag right out to me. I sent the copy of my paypal receipt to him. Never got a comfirmation that he rec'd it. I have emailed him 4 times since then to try to find out what is going on. Twice through the boards here. I have not rec'd a reply nor a copy of the mag I paid for. I am not leaving a negative yet, thinking he may not be getting my emails for some reason and will hopefully see this and get in touch with me. If you are out there Mr Jacobi, please get in touch with me!! Thanks!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.