• The Review & Report forums are closed to new posts. Please use our new Reviews & Reports section to leave reviews & reports. If you do not see a review item for a seller, please contact them and request they create their own review item. If you would like to leave a breeding/bite/sting report, please contact an administrator with the species name that you would like to report and what type of report you would like to leave. We will create an item for you. The Seller/Buyer/Shop Inquiries/Warnings forum is still open for new posts.

Michael Jacobi's Spider Shoppe (www.spidershoppe.com)

Nocturnal

Arachnopeon
Positive

First time buying spider from Michael. Wonderful service. Took a while to get spider due to him moving from locations, but got a cool T shirt for the wait. Really nice packaging also. Spider is doing great(sent 2" + spider when I ordered a 1 1/2"). Will definately do buisness with him again. :)

pokiecollector

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
The Spider Shoppe - Michael Jacobi

Everything I have ever gotten from Mike has been top quality, and to make things better he knows everything about everything. I would recommend The Spider Shoppe to someone that's just starting off or someone that has a huge collection and wants more, he has alot to choose from including a list of guaranteed females/males. From 1 to 10 I give The Spider Shoppe a 10 !

Jeff
Nashville,TN

Lycanthrope

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Another great experience.

positive

I just got back from the Spidershoppe yesterday, and just like last time I walked away very pleased. I received an EXTREMELY generous trade credit for a large female P. regalis, and spent the better part of three hours trying to pick from his huge selection. I ended up walking away with several new inverts, and a freebie H. maculata sling. Michael was very generous in making time in his schedule to meet us, even though he is in the process of moving both his business and his home. Great customer service, a wealth of experience and knowledge, and a great selection are just three of the qualities that will keep me a Spidershoppe customer.

Gene

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
POSITIVE

I can't thank Michael enought for taking the time to let Lycanthrope and I come by his shop Friday. On a scale of 1-10 the Spider Shoppe is easily a 15!!! We were there the better part of 3 hours and then he even gave us directions to an awesome herp & aquarium store.

I got a G. pulchra (my absolute favorite) and a C. cyaneopubescens and he threw in a couple of L. parahybanas. I couldn't have asked for more. Go see his awesome collection of animals if you can. I really liked his reptiles too. Very high quality animals.

Thanks again Michael!!

EDED

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
positive feedback

good packaging

easy shopping

healthy animal

thanks.

D. Stiegler

Arachnopeon
review

I just received my latest order from M. Jacobi at The Spider Shoppe and as usual the animals are surperb. They all arrived as ordered in the best packaging possible and in prime biting shape. One tiny sling decided to molt in shippment and is having a bit of difficulty recovering. We're pulling for the little dickens to make it but if it doesn't Mike will have another on the way to my place no question about it.

Over the past 20 years with my T's I have delt with a lot of folks and I have a nice well rounded collection of fine mygalomorphs. Jacobi rules in my book. No drips, no runs, no errors. He delivers what I order, the best stock in the trade, on time and complete unconditional guarantee for at least 15 days....more if one isn't doing well and you are nursing it along together.

It's difficult to order animals on line and give out that credit card number and those bucks with all the different dealers in our trade. I have run into some less than desirable characters and gotten burned. When I found Jacobi at The Spider Shoppe all of that changed. Now I decide what I want, shoot him an e-mail to see if he has it, give my card to him over the phone and get my vivariums ready because the T's are as good as here.

He got me hooked on raising the little slings...I was always looking for the older juveniles but with a little one on one coaching from Jacobi I found I too could raise those little buggers up to adults and do a right fine job of it. It starts with good stock, and that's why I like dealing with Jacobi. His animals are strong, viable animals or he doesn't send them.

If you are looking for an honest dealer, check out the Spider Shoppe. :D

Danielle0329

Arachnopeon
Tarantulas

Recently we recieved a shipment of Costa rican and chilean rose tarantulas, I am very impressed. These spiders are beautiful, healthy, and have excellent temperments. It is a pleasure doing bussiness with the Spider Shoppe. Thank you.
Silver Springs Theme Park :) :)

Socrates

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Absolutely awesome!

This was my first order with Michael Jacobi, but most definitely not my last. He answered my never-ending questions ever so patiently and QUICKLY, and kept me informed about my order throughout the entire process.

Both Ts arrived in excellent health, were packed superbly, and are quickly making themselves at home.

I can highly recommend Michael to anyone - he's truly outstanding.

THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING! What an awesome experience!

---
Wendy
---

Last edited:

pokiecollector

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Michael Jacobi

another great experience...i got an avicularia bicegoi from mike today, i've always went to mike for anything i need and he usually has it, and if he don't he can get it for me, in my opinion he's the best in the business and not some part-time wanna be. anyone wanting tarantula's should defiently give the spider shoppe a call, mike is a great guy with a great selection of species. thanks alot mike.

jeff

jet

Arachnopeon
A big "thank you" to The Spider Shoppe

I wanted to thank Michael Jacobi for the great deals at the Raleigh show this past weekend. Money was a little limited for me at the particular time, but I left with "4" new beauties to add to my Tarantula collection thanks to the 10% discount for being an Arachnoboard member. After leaving Michael I returned a few minutes later when I realized that I still had $23 left out of the money I had set aside for his show. I went back and asked Michael what I could get for $23 that would be a nice addition to my current collection of 35 Tarantulas and he gave me a $30 Tarantula.

Michael was a super nice guy, and I enjoyed speaking with him as much as the good deals. I stongly recommend that if anyone is looking for a great Tarantula to seek The Spider Shoppe and Michael Jacobi. I will definitely being doing future business with him as well.

Jet

Scylla

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I can't recommend The Spider Shoppe enough. If you've never bought from Michael, or if you're looking for your first T, I suggest you give him a try. He's 100% reliable and you can trust him to stand by his animals. I have 2 new G. pulchra slings and they are gorgeous and eating a cricket a day! Nice healthy spiders. Thanks Michael.

averagebehr

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Over the weekend at the exotic animal show in durham , Nc picked up a ornamental baboon spider as well as the free ultimate male micheal had for free

Have to tell you both were very nice but the male is astounding he is huge good 6 to 7 inchs fully spread out
upon introing him to my female he started right up and hooked her 4 times then found evidence f sperm web in his cage this am all i can say is thanks micheal i will be back in spring to buy more spiders from you at the show

highly recoment doing business with good stock good service=good business

snakezen

Arachnopeon
Michael Jacobi: Truly Excellent Service

I recently purchased three different species of scorpion from Michael Jacobi. The scorpions arrived in perfect condition within excellent packaging. I am extremely happy with his in depth knowledge, service (truly amazing follow-up to inquire if the animals arrived safely), and expertise. I will definitely be contacting Michael soon to acquire many more novel scorpion species.

Sincerely,

<edited>

Last edited by a moderator:

snakezen

Arachnopeon
Michael Jacobi == Unsurpassed Quality

I received yet another scorpion shipment from the SpiderShoppe and as before the animals are in truly spectacular condition. Animals from the SpiderShoppe exit their containers as if they have little "airborne" patches on their chela. They are so active and "spunky" right out of the box its as if they are saying smartly "I too am a graduate of the Jacobi school of animal husbandry". If this wasn't enough he has directed me to a source for the book Scorpion Biology by Polis, which I personally have found is difficult to find and obtain! I will be closely monitoring the SpiderShoppe website in anticipation of novel arrivals.

z28lt1

Arachnopeon
Spider shoppe---aka Jacobi Herpetoculture

I orderd a GBB, Avic Avic, and an LP, Got them all perfectly healthy they all ate first night I got them. Verry happy best service and knowledge awsome will order from again. Def give him a try

poohie40065

Arachnopeon
The place to buy your T's.

{D I have purchased just about all my t's from the Spidershoppe. Every order I have received has been supremely packed and shipped. All the t's are in perfect health and bursting with life. He has lots of patience when it comes questions and when I figure the dollar amount incorrectly at times. I will definetly continue purchasing from the Spidershoppe.

pokiecollector

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
The Spider Shoppe (Michael Jacobi)

He met and surpassed my expectations...I've been looking for a Blue Fang Skeleton ever since an idiot stole mine and poured bleach on it cause he was jealous, well he got me one in today at a very good price also. Michael Jacobi is simply the best in the business, The Spider Shoppe has it all !!!

WayneT

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Update...

Fantastic as always!
Today I recieved from Michael, a H. lividum that I ordered a)because I wanted another Hap in my collection, and b)because a G. pulchra was due me from a past order that was mixed up because of one Pat Kane. Read prior review:http://arachnoboards.com/ab/showthread.php?t=8833&page=3&pp=15 Not only did I recieve a wonderful specimen H. lividum, but the G. pulchra was fat and healthy and twice as large as the one I had originally placed an order for 3 months ago. And if that wasn't enough, Michael tosses in a A. brocklehursti as a freebie! And as far as I was concerned in this, my freebie was the G. aureostriata Kane sold to Michael as a G. pulchra! Michael, I can't begin to find the superlatives to explain to others how top notch you run your operation. The packing is first rate, prices, service, everything! I'm proud to wear your shirt! People, you really need to give The SpiderShoppe a good long look!

AphonopelmaTX

Staff member
Great service from The Spider Shoppe

I recieved my Poecilotheria metallica today in perfect condition! I immediately realized just how well packed and comfortable the little spider was when it decided to just walk out of the shipping container into its new home instead of darting up my arm as so many other spiders have done after being shipped. As many other satisfied customers have testified, Michael Jacobi is a great dealer to do your spider shoppin' with.

-Lonnie

bonesmama

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I just got my first slings today, and I can't say how much I appreciate Michael Jacobi's
patience and help. I must have e-mailed him 6 times over a couple of days, and he was extremely nice - I was a bit obsessed, I have never even seen a real live sling before-he answered my e-mails promptly, no matter how stupid my questions were.
He even sent me 3 small display cases along with the slings, no extra shipping charge,even though I was willing to wait a week. He is great on the phone,too- I know he must be a busy guy, but he didn't make me feel like he had better things to do than talk to an uninformed Newbie.