• The Review forums are closed to new reviews.

Please use our new Reviews & Reports section to leave reviews.

Information on how to use our new Reviews section can be found in our Tutorials forum.

Michael Jacobi's Spider Shoppe (www.spidershoppe.com)

extrovertinvert

Arachnopeon
positive!

I just got an order in from mike, it was just supplies and a book.. but he sent me a little extra of everything. mike is a very nice guy who is allways willing to help me out on any questions I have. when you talk to him its more like talking to a friend than to a dealer. I would definatly recomend dealing with him.

DE3

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
SPIDER SHOPPE

POSITIVE

Three days ago, I recieved my first order from Michael (SPIDER SHOPPE).

I ordered:
three 1" Chilobrachys fimbriatus,
three 2" (more like 2"+) Aphonopelma moderatum,
two 1" Grammostola pulchra,
one 4" (more like 4.5") Avicularia metallica GF
one .75" Avicularia metallica
Freebies: got a really nice P Cambridgei, and an Arachno-calendar (way cool -- excellent)

All the bugs still look exceptional three days after reciept.

Communication was second to none -- which is very important to me.

...Board rules say I need to suggest at least one improvement....only thing I can think of is there is a bad link on his new website. But jeez, give the guy a break -- that can be fixed in an instant, and these things happen with a new website. I'm embarassed to even mention it.

My first transaction with Michael gets a "10" out of 10 without hesitation. I intend to place another order from him today or tomorrow.

Arachnopeon
Don't Pee on me!!
DE3

cricket54

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Spider Shoppe

Positve experience!

I recently ordered a baby P. regalis from Michael Jacobie and was very very pleased when it arrived. I was gratefull that he
doesn't have a minimum order requirement. He even apologised for how much the overnight shipping costs. He shipped it out really quickly as well. He reponds quickly to your e-mails and is very helpfull. The tarantula arrived safely and well padded and warm. He chose a nice one for me. It is healthy, even a plump one for this species. I've had it almost a week and it just molted safely last night so I'm extremely happy. I like the photos and descriptions on his site and he has a nice selection. I would highly recommend anyone to order from him. I will be ordering from him again in the future.

Sharon

johnilao

Arachnopeon
giant centipede/african mantids

In early February, I purchased a 10" Vietnamese Giant Centipede and three African mantids from Michael Jacobi. The whole transaction went smoothly and the animals were a big hit in my presentation at the Pennsylvania Christian Teen Convention.
I highly recommend doing business with Michael Jacobi.
John

Kris Morris

Arachnopeon
tarantulas

I recently purchased some tarantulas from Michael Jacobi Herpetoculture..The arachnids are of excellent quality and the size He said they'd be,In fact I ordered more today and will in the future also.Kris M.

siucfi

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I also recently made a purchase form mike I got a gbb sling. Once agian the service was amazing and he misinformed me about the delivery date and there fore sent me a free zebra. I plan to purchase the rest of my T's from him I highly recommed mike for anyone thats interested

bookofenoch2003

Arachnopeon
The Spidershoppe

Hey Board,

I have recently done some buisness with Michael. The scorpion shipment was packed well.

Exceptional service turn around.

Specimen's are intact and appear healthy.

I ordered the scorpions one day in late morning early afternoon..received them the next morning by 1030AM. Why this surprised me...I ordered a few hours earlier from another WELL KNOWN on-line dealer. I won't be getting them until tomorrow...two days after I ordered.

Michael took the time to field my tarantula questions. I believe him to be honest with a very good knowledge base. I will contact him in the future, and keep an eye out on his site for new arrivals.

'do not go gentle into that good night',
Walter

rtshaw80

Arachnopeon
Spider Shoppe

POSITIVE
I recieved my latest order from Michael Jacobi today and am very pleased with my two latest T's (Avicularia geroldi, and Psalmopoeus irminia). Both are are very healthy animals that were packed extremely well. 5 hours after unpacking they've both already dined on a cricket.

Michael has always been easy to get into contact with, either by phone or e-mail and is good about keeping his word on his policies.

There is not much to criticize about this dealer, maybe just expand the website to include more information on each species. (which looks like is in progress).

I would order from him again.

siucfi

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
The spider Shoppe

Yesterday I went to Nashville, TN to visit the spider shoppe and living terrarium owned and operated by Micheal Jacobi. His shoppe is very impressive and once again he was extremly helpful in answering questions and took a generous amount of time to show me around. I will certainly be doing the rest of my business with Micheal because from my experience he is by far the best and most honest in the industry. I highly recommend doing business with Micheal if you are looking for a new T.

Selenocosmia

Arachnopeon
Micheal Jacobi is the man! I used to buy tarantulas from him when we both lived in Chicago more yuears ago than I want to admit! I got out of them when I joined the military and now that I am semi-retired and living in Alabama I am rebuilding a collection. I was shocked when I found this site, read the reviews and found out that Nashville's Spider Shoppe was run by the same Micheal Jacobi from way back when. I placed a big order and everything was perfect - size, health, packing, price. Oh, my wife's gonna kill me! I'm gonna drive up there ASAP! You want to learn about spiders from one of the old-timers ;P get your tarantulas from the expert - Micheal Jacobi

kellygirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
POSITIVE

I had the pleasure of meeting and dealing with Michael Jacobi at the Raleigh Exotics show on May 1st and 2nd. He was professional but very friendly! I spent most of my time (both days) at his table talking about spiders and learning proper pronunciation of scientific names (it's BAY-mee, not bo-hey-mee ;) ).

We did a large trade and he was great to deal with and very fair. I got some great stuff--his stock was terrific and his enclosures are beautiful and functional! His selection is great and his pricelist tells exactly how many of each species he has.

It was great to watch him deal with customers. His main aim was to inform, not just to make a sale. He obviously wanted his customers to make the right choice about their purchases. He is honest in all aspects of his business and as a person, from what I could tell during the time I spent with him.

I'm thrilled that I will get to see him again in June at the ATSC. Hopefully I'll get to meet his wife then as well, as she was unable to attend the conference. I did get to meet his daschund puppy though, and she was a sweetie. :D

I should also add that I have purchased books from Jacobi online. He has a great selection of books and he shipped them quickly. His website is very accessible and his pricelist has all types of information about each specimen.

I have been pleased with both of my experiences with Michael Jacobi and look forward to many more!

-Kelly

J1newsted

Arachnopeon
The SPIDER SHOPPE & LIVING TERRARIUM review

I have never ordered any spiders off the internet so I was a little nervous. The Spider Shoppe was more than what I expected, by the fast transaction, shipping, and how it was shipped. I am more than pleased with my order. Will do business with them again. Thanks.

Nate Halpin

blckwidow75

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
POSITIVE

Received my order yesterday from Mike Jacobi and couldn't be happier. :)
The packaging was fool-proof, service was super, and spiders were all healthy and AWESOME!!

Mike has a a great selection and lightening-fast e-mails. If you do business with him, you WON'T be disappointed! I also got 2 freebies I hadn't counted on!! He apparently offers a 10% discount that I wasn't aware of for AB members so I'm not sure if both spiders were sent to cover that savings or if one was just a freebie. Either way, they make great additions to my collection!

I definitely wouldn't hesitate to do business with Mike again ...if I were allowing myself to purchase anymore T's that is! I highly recommend him. Thanks Mike!!

RazorRipley

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
The best, and most positive

Spider Shoppe is the greates spider retail currenly available online, Ive talked to several different dealers, and have ordered from just as many, although I am local to the Spider Shoppe, I see what goes on there, and Ive watched and listened to the the advice given as many wonderful animals were shipped. Always competitive prices, probably the highest success rate with live arrivals, and the most knowledgable owner that I know of. Give the Spider Shoppe a try, you wont regret it. Or you can shop at Pets R' Us down the street where they label rose hairs as mexican red knees, and charge 39.99 for a cobalt blue sling missing two legs.

WayneT

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Review of spidershoppe

I just recieved my first order from the spider shoppe this morning. I ordered a versicolor, mexican fireleg, chaco golden striped, and brazilian black. Not only were the spiders in perfect health, but the packing job was a thing of beauty. Michael is obviously a man dedicated to this wonderful hobby of taranula keeping. He even included a bonus freebie of a brazilian black and white, which was totally unexpected and most definately appreciated. Speaking as someone who has dealt with other breeders, not to mention the whole pet-shop thing, I can definately recommend the spider shoppe for your invert ordering. He has all my future business. :)
Update: On the 28th of this month, I posted a thread featuring 4 slings I recently purchased from Michael. A gentleman called to my attention that my G. pulchra sling looked like a G. aureostriata. This is my first pulchra, so I asked Michael to look. Sure enough, the G. pulchra I purchased came from a batch of slings of an individual with questionable integrity. After checking my order, Michael verified that mine came from this batch. And informed me that I have a free G. pulchra waiting for me. Michael, you once again define what a class act is in my book. Thank you again!

Last edited:

ddale

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
POSITIVE!

I just received my first sling from the Spider Shoppe. Service was excellent. There were shipping delays due to Memorial Day and severe weather, but Michael's service was wonderful and the sling is perfect. I love my new GBB!

Negatives: Michael needs to get a handle on the weather - there must be something he can do {D

I will be ordering from him again in the future

Last edited:

arachnoid

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Positive!

It was my 1st time ordering online and dealing with the Spider Shoppe more than likely means it won't be my last either. My P. transvaalicus and S. morsitans arrived very healthy and proceeded to eat as soon as I threw crickets in their tanks. Come to think of it, they arrived healthier than most of my other bugs I bought in person!
Hmm, I need a horned baboon spider...

ddale

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Another sucessful transaction...

POSITIVE!

I just completed a trade with Michael Jacobi and couldn't be happier with the results. I won't divulge what I traded, but here's what I got:

0.0.1 Acanthoscurria geniculata juvie (3")
0.1.0 Avicularia metallica adult (in molt, will be sent later)
0.0.2 Avicularia versicolor slings
0.0.1 Grammastola aureostriata sling (1.5" +)
0.0.1 Haplopelma lividum sling
0.1.0 Psalmopoeus cambridgei sub-adult (5")
0.0.1 Psalmopoeus irminia sling

Michael's service is second to none. He even deals well with the over-anxious hobbyist (me). His animals were as described and arrived healthy. All were packaged in what can only be described as a fail-safe system and most have started webbing their enclosures and have eaten.

I do not have any suggestions for improvement

I will deal with Michael again in the future without hesitation because both my first transation (Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens sling) and this one went off without a hitch.

Thanks Michael! :D

Last edited:

jwb121377

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Positive

Well this was my first order with the Spider Shoppe, and am very pleased with the way the whole process turned out. The service was fast and friendly, and the whole thing felt very professional.
When I went to the "for sale" page, the first thing that jumped out at me, is that he includes how many of each species he has in stock. This very useful, especially when you want to buy multiples of one kind. Also he accepts all forms of payment, including, but not limited to, credit cards, and paypal. This was very handy, since someone gained access to my ebay account, and now my paypal account has been temporally suspended. He also carries a large, and varied, stock of inverts, and it is not hard to come up with a order.
When the order arrived the packing was very good, and well insulated. Also he includes a packing slip. This comes in very handy, because you can file it, and look at it down the road to refresh where members of your collection came from. The spiderlings all had very large abdomens, and were in great shape. He included two feebies, and since none were expected it was a good surprise.
I look forward to be able to order more from him in the future, and have no reservations about doing so.

Last edited:

Jakob

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
POSITIVE

I did a trade with Michael recently and have now received my end. I'm very impressed and proud to say that this was an absolutely flawless transaction. I highly recommend Michael to anyone and everyone and am 100% sure that I will deal with him again in the near future! Keep up the good work!

Thanks Michael!

Jake