Mexico (Yucatan), Belize, Guatemala and Honduras.

syndicate

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
indeed that is a small Psalmopoeus maya. we found 3, including an adult female.
nice find.looking forward to seeing more images.without spoiling your article can you say anything about these being an actual species or just a color/regional variant of Psalmopoeus reduncas?

Larkin

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Very nice Eddy !!!

Thanks for sharing !!! :worship: :D

Can't wait to read the article.

Regards,
Tomasz

NevularScorpion

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I'm not sure which one is the Brachypelma epicureanum. can someone quote the pic and show it to me ?

metallica

Arachnoking
Old Timer
this is the B. epicureanum, photographed in Yucatan state, Mexico.

metallica

Arachnoking
Old Timer
nice find.looking forward to seeing more images.without spoiling your article can you say anything about these being an actual species or just a color/regional variant of Psalmopoeus reduncas?
i don't think i'm the person to discuss that. i know next to noting about any Psalmopoeus species. all i know is that we were looking for spiders. found a burrow, i tickeled the spider out, had it on my hand and looking at the spider that was in full thread display (front legs in the air and fangs wide spread) i said:"this is not Brachypelma, this is Psalmopoeus maya!"

syndicate

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
i don't think i'm the person to discuss that. i know next to noting about any Psalmopoeus species. all i know is that we were looking for spiders. found a burrow, i tickeled the spider out, had it on my hand and looking at the spider that was in full thread display (front legs in the air and fangs wide spread) i said:"this is not Brachypelma, this is Psalmopoeus maya!"
so then what brought you to the conclusion you have found P.maya? ;)

Rich65

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Great pics!!! thanks for sharing and I especially liked the shot of the slings!!!

urs

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Nice Eddy, keep it comming! Seems\looks like a great, great trip!

Best regards Uros

Martin H.

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Hello Syndicate,

... or just a color/regional variant of Psalmopoeus reduncas?
BTW, the spelling is P. reduncus – just in case you are trying to find more infos about that species and wondering, why you only get few matches with search engines.

all the best,
Martin

Texas Blonde

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Awesome Eddy! Thanks so much for sharing, Im looking forward to the write up. I have no doubt it will be entertaining.

Im looking forward to visiting Mexico myself. I wonder if I will be able to find any tarantulas in the Corona Club..... ;)