Mexican red knee not eating

Crispy9168

Arachnopeon
I got a mexican red knee about 2 weeks ago now. She is about 3/4 of an inch and one year old. I try feeding her two small crix per week (pre killed), but she doesn't eat them. I have verified that she can find them. Her abdomen, however, is not getting smaller. Her adult colors are starting to fade in (more since I got her), but her energy level is still good. I have been misting once per week (one side). She seems to enjoy the moisture and spends her time in the moist substrate until it dries. I guess my question is is this premolt, and if so, should I mist more?

Last edited:

Rob1985

This user has no status.
it could be pre molt or just stress. I am leaning toward stress. Does she have a place to hide?

kean

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
yeah probably on pre-molt.. umm just wondering why'd you pre kill the crix? are they bigger than your T?

Elithial

Arachnopeon
If all the signs point to her being active and not dehydrated/small then I agree with others, it's probably premolt. I think my rose hair is in premolt too. She's running from her food {D

Crispy9168

Arachnopeon
LP
yeah probably on pre-molt.. umm just wondering why'd you pre kill the crix? are they bigger than your T?
as big as her or slightly smaller. I have an L. Parahybana also (1/4") who runs from live crix, so I thought I needed to pre kill for slings.

---------- Post added at 08:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:28 AM ----------

it could be pre molt or just stress. I am leaning toward stress. Does she have a place to hide?
As for stress, she does have a hide which she doesn't use. She'd rather sit in the corner or in the center of her enclosure. But I try really hard not to bother her. I even use my phone's backlight to look through the lid.

shanebp

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Sounds like pre-molt behavior to me. I agree with pre-killing too.