Mexican red knee issues please help.

Ondottr

Arachnopeon
I'm only new so maybe I shouldn't be giving advice haha but I gotta chime in because I had the exact same concerns when I brought my G. rosea home, and I guess they have pretty similar requirements regarding temp and humidity. Folks on this board helped me a lot and recommended letting the substrate dry out and just keeping a water dish full and occasionally overflowed. My buddy came down shortly after. It still climbs around sometimes, but spiders gonna spider haha.
Lesson: care sheets lie about keeping the substrate moist for arid species, and it's easy to overestimate how much humidity they need.
I'm sure your friend will come down soon, as mine did! :)

cold blood

Staff member
seemed like a pointless jab at americans....maybe not its intention (not everyone knows you)....but hey, mistaken comments arent uniquely american by any stretch of the imagination.

To me your comment reads...americans are stupid.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
seemed like a pointless jab at americans....maybe not its intention (not everyone knows you)....but hey, mistaken comments arent uniquely american by any stretch of the imagination.

To me your comment reads...americans are stupid.
Ow dear...that definitely wasn't my intention! I meant to say that since only USA uses inches and Fahrenheit, bishopimaster has to be American because he assumed the temp was in Fahrenheit....if he was European, he would have assumed it was Celsius.

I don't jab at Americans for sport. Jabbing is not my thing at all. I prefer straightforwardness ;)

cold blood

Staff member
So did Eulersk or the rest of us that instantly recognized celcius and made the simple conversion not reveal ourselves as american...nope...only the mistaken comment revealed that.:meh:

No worries Andrea, i am 100% sure your intent wasnt malicious, but i still didnt get a warm and fuzzy feeling when i read it....I just notice comments like that seem to be all too common lately...no one ever says, thanks for the help, you revealed yourself as American....and in reality, that would be a far more accurrate statement.:)

BishopiMaster

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Ow dear...that definitely wasn't my intention! I meant to say that since only USA uses inches and Fahrenheit, bishopimaster has to be American because he assumed the temp was in Fahrenheit....if he was European, he would have assumed it was Celsius.

I don't jab at Americans for sport. Jabbing is not my thing at all. I prefer straightforwardness ;)
Well, I don't think the comment was because I "assumed" the temp was in fahrenheit, if I may be so intellectually honest, as an American I'm used to saying degrees FOR fahrenheit, but i do not use celsius in conversation, so that was the slip up, taken the context literally you'd say that I have no idea that celsius is also measured in terms of degrees, which many felt the need to point out, regardless of me, obviously differentiating the two. :D

Arnel Pahuriray

Arachnopeon
Hello, i have a red knee mexican tarantula about 3inch body. It began to act werid in the new vivaroum for a while now. So the humidity is about 50-70% and the temps are kept about 19 to 24degress. It has water, the substrate also doesnt feel very wet. It keeps trying to escape. Sometimes i see it lying flat in the middle. However most of thr time its on the walls. Even today it was on the top :eek: only 1 picture as i couldn't add more :/. Lastly, im finding it very very very veryyyyyy hard to lower the humidity.
don't use to much light on it. does red knee like shade, not to much light.