Metriopelma coloratum *pic*

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
The Metriopelma are some serious lookers. I've oohed and aahed over that West pic before.

I just acquired two spiderlings of this as yet unclassified Metriopelma.

I don't think that much is know about their husbandry, but I know I'm getting more interested in the genus.

Henry Kane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I know you'll not likely find one for sale anytime soon.

Where did that pic come from?

Atrax

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
Jacen & all,

In a previous post I mentioned to please not post pics that you do not hold the copyright to. This especially includes using the IMG tag. Not only is it stealing bandwidth from that person when the picture loads, it is also possibly illegally posting that persons intellectual material. If there's a great pic out there that you don't have permission to post, don't post it. Instead post a link and if we're interested we'll click on it to see it. That way, the person get's the hits on the site that they want and their pictures are not showing up here, which they may not. The IMG tags have been taken out of your post and the link left.

Thanks All,

Scott

dennis

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Wow, they look great Martin! Are they available a lot? And for how much do they generally go? Here in Europe I mean...

Dennis

JacenBeers

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by mrderanged
Jacen & all,

In a previous post I mentioned to please not post pics that you do not hold the copyright to. This especially includes using the IMG tag. Not only is it stealing bandwidth from that person when the picture loads, it is also possibly illegally posting that persons intellectual material. If there's a great pic out there that you don't have permission to post, don't post it. Instead post a link and if we're interested we'll click on it to see it. That way, the person get's the hits on the site that they want and their pictures are not showing up here, which they may not. The IMG tags have been taken out of your post and the link left.

Thanks All,

Scott
Actually that picture was uploaded to my own webspace so it isnt stealing bandwidth. And the only reason why I did that was because there was a java encryption that wouldnt allow me to right click and save the photo or find out where the site was in order to link that particular picture. THe only way around it for me was to capture the image by pressing print screen and then pasting it into photoshop and uploading it into my webspace.

Mister Internet

Big Meanie Doo Doo Head :)
Arachnosupporter +
Ok, I said this is a PM, but I'm going to repeat it here for everyone's benefit...

There is a reason that they went to all the trouble to make their images difficult to rip off the website... they obviously DO NOT want people linking to them or using them in any manner not related to viewing them on that particular site. People do these things on the Internet because they're only trying to protect what's rightfully theirs! If the only way to see an image is to go to the site and look at it, then please direct people to the site in question.

A simple "Go to this site: http://geagallerie.free.fr/galerie5.htm and click on the picture of the M. coloratum" would have been fine. Everyone, please do this in the future.

I'll be deleting all further off-topic posts in this thread... continue :)

Originally posted by JacenBeers
Actually that picture was uploaded to my own webspace so it isnt stealing bandwidth. And the only reason why I did that was because there was a java encryption that wouldnt allow me to right click and save the photo or find out where the site was in order to link that particular picture. THe only way around it for me was to capture the image by pressing print screen and then pasting it into photoshop and uploading it into my webspace.

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
Not to mention that you cut out the original copyright information from the pic in your version of it......

Scott