Metallic Pink Toe Slings won't eat

Craig73

Arachnoangel
I guess carrying a species that can spray you and/or the sides of the enclosure isn’t exactly glamorous or appealing to a pet shop owner 😂.

WillyWonker

Arachnopeon
yea I'm sorry but Ts that burrow and try to attack to filling up its water dish just isn't that appealing to me...I like the colorful Ts not the crazy giant bird eaters...I mean red knees or flame knees are cool...just not my cup of tea...I've had rose hairs before...but I'm just crazy about Avics...cobalts are pretty...but super aggressive...is a GBB arboreal?

Craig73

Arachnoangel
GBB’s can be semi-arboreal. Same for diolichothele diamantinensis, which resembles a GBB, but a dwarf version.

WillyWonker

Arachnopeon
if I got this box how hard would it be to feed if I used the lid as the bottom so i don't disturb their webbing? with them just molting I'd prefer feeding a just killed cricket...maybe tilt it to place near them?the water dish would be at the bottom of course...

cold blood

Staff member
buying from a pet store means paying like a 200% markup....pet stores are the worst places to buy from.

And GBB is terrestrial, NOT arboreal or even semi-arboreal.

WillyWonker

Arachnopeon
Screenshot_20200723-104523_Chrome.jpg

this is the box I was talking about on post # 64

Screenshot_20200724-185143_Chrome.jpg

has anyone tried this enclosure?

20200807_125634.jpg 20200807_125628.jpg

my new C.versicolor! I'm beyond excited and so happy I got one finally...now if it could be a female lol...

Last edited by a moderator:

Craig73

Arachnoangel
Yahoo! Hopefully she‘ll make an appearance in a few hours. Exciting Stuff.

WillyWonker

Arachnopeon
shoot 5 day trip...been in the box 5 days...4 totally but was a 5 day process...

WillyWonker

Arachnopeon
I prayed and prayed it would be ok...the guy packed it super good but God was with it for sure...I aged about 4 or 5 years the past few days...not to mention didn't hardly sleep Wednesday expecting it and hardly none last nite after FedEx said they were updating the shipping date...

NukaMedia Exotics

#1 Tarantula Vendor in the USA! Ships Nationwide.
View attachment 351932

is this a bad setup?its an exo terra Critter cage...it doesn't have side vents...I dont how I'd get the holes unless info a dremel...i put a piece of bark and a piece of the vine in the cup recently...I just put the cup in there cause I have a heat pad on the bottom...
That tank is huge for a sling. You probably want to put them in a cup even smaller than the 32oz one you have in the photo (I start some arboreals in there but Avics are so fragile they die easily, I like keeping them in something smaller so they can eat easier until they hit like 1.5"). Keep one side misted but don't wet the whole enclosure and feed small crickets or pre-killed larger ones.

WillyWonker

Arachnopeon
That tank is huge for a sling. You probably want to put them in a cup even smaller than the 32oz one you have in the photo (I start some arboreals in there but Avics are so fragile they die easily, I like keeping them in something smaller so they can eat easier until they hit like 1.5"). Keep one side misted but don't wet the whole enclosure and feed small crickets or pre-killed larger ones.
thanks for the input...that was from when i 1st got them 2 months ago...they are doing well in their cups on going to the container store today to grab some boxes...but the 2 A.metallica slings have each had a molt since...those tanks are gone I took them back...

NukaMedia Exotics

#1 Tarantula Vendor in the USA! Ships Nationwide.
thanks for the input...that was from when i 1st got them 2 months ago...they are doing well in their cups on going to the container store today to grab some boxes...but the 2 A.metallica slings have each had a molt since...those tanks are gone I took them back...
Good to hear glad they're doing well.

WillyWonker

Arachnopeon
thanks...it had been awhile since I had a T and wanted to make sure I was doing everything right...but everyone on here pointed me the right way...I stressed so much in the beginning lol...

20200808_152115.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Craig73

Arachnoangel
Welcome to the world of prepping future homes. I had to go buy a storage container for all my supplies which were starting to pile up in the floor 😳

Craig73

Arachnoangel
If the large ones are 4x7 it’ll be large. Here’s a pic of a nearly 2” T in a 3x6 for reference

100C76F7-C09E-4CCF-92EA-81A5C7A91A33.jpeg

WillyWonker

Arachnopeon
yea I'll have to go back...its cool...I've seen ppl use the tops as the bottoms which would you say is better?