Metallic Pink Toe Slings won't eat

Craig73

Arachnoangel
cool...thanks for checking back...I've held off trying just to see if it was a premolt...they both have worked more on their webs and the bigger was doing this movement yesterday that looked almost like it was dancing...I got caught up watching them for almost an hour lol...but their rumps and still bigger than their bodies so I hope everything's fine...mine still has pink legs but my son's legs are getting the black line thru them...
Nice! I just looked at my versicolor and it finally molted. Seems like it’s taken forever to molt. Can’t wait to see what it looks like when it hardens.
DA73FCE1-3C88-4BF4-8872-7C99FED08229.jpeg

WillyWonker

Arachnopeon
awesome...hopefully mine do something soon...its stressing me out...I'm ordering me a versicolor here in like 2 weeks...super excited...just hope it don't do me the way these 2 slings have lol...

Craig73

Arachnoangel
awesome...hopefully mine do something soon...its stressing me out...I'm ordering me a versicolor here in like 2 weeks...super excited...just hope it don't do me the way these 2 slings have lol...
Oh it will, ha! Mine was so tiny when I got it; it feels like forever and a day waiting for them to grow to a size I’d be less stressed about. Super pretty T for sure, you won’t be disappointed.

My other three avics molted about the same time last month. I don’t know if that’s coincidence or not. I guess we’ll find out if they molt this week. The Minatrix totally closed off his burrow.

WillyWonker

Arachnopeon
well no luck yet with the bigger sling...I killed a cricket and placed it on its web...but I swear it moved the cricket...its not in the place i put it...

Craig73

Arachnoangel
well no luck yet with the bigger sling...I killed a cricket and placed it on its web...but I swear it moved the cricket...its not in the place i put it...
I wonder if it tried to push it out of its web. I’d say give it a few hours then remove if its not eaten, Sounds like you most likely got a little guy in premolt. Mine webbed more towards their molt time and also seemed to slip a lot when climbing on the enclosure walls too, which is normal during premolt.

WillyWonker

Arachnopeon
the bigger one really dont move much...it sits in its little dip it made in its web...its worked a little on its web but mainly just chills out...they both were hanging upside down on the lid all day 2day...but moved when I added some water to their dish...back to sitting on their webs...

20200714_202825.jpg 20200714_202759.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Craig73

Arachnoangel
the bigger one really dont move much...it sits in its little dip it made in its web...its worked a little on its web but mainly just chills out...they both were hanging upside down on the lid all day 2day...but moved when I added some water to their dish...back to sitting on their webs...
Chilling upside down stretched out for almost two weeks with occasional movement is what mine do. I believe they just conserve energy in preparation for the molt. The versi just sat on his web and only came down for water.

Looks like some decent thick web. I’d say from here on out just keep the water dish full and no need to spray the side anymore. Let that evaporate and if he hasn’t molted either let him go down for water or just a drop on the web somewhere it won’t disturb him or in the plant. You should be good to go for a happy molt hopefully soon.

WillyWonker

Arachnopeon
usually it dont get all on the sides like that.. I tried 2 get it on its web w/o disturbing it...if they got thirsty would they go explore for the water? may be a dumb question...

Craig73

Arachnoangel
usually it dont get all on the sides like that.. I tried 2 get it on its web w/o disturbing it...if they got thirsty would they go explore for the water? may be a dumb question...
They will. This was my versi the other day when I was going to fill his water. I have never seen him near the water before, so it was cool to see he knew where to go. He went from fuzzy to really showing premolt pretty fast. Sometimes it can be hard to tell. 2985E342-4B6F-486B-8F91-B4E73C34BC80.jpeg

WillyWonker

Arachnopeon
man you can really tell on that pic...

20200714_212819.jpg 20200714_213031.jpg 20200714_213033.jpg

20200714_213303.jpg

best pictures I could get...they have their webbing all on the lids of the cups they're in...

Craig73

Arachnoangel
OP - how’s the little guy doing after his molt? My A. Avic (M6) literally just molted after 2 weeks or so of his food strike. Hopefully the Kwitara is soon, he finally stopped hanging from the top of the enclose and sitting on his web. Fingers crossed. The GBB literally looks like he’s going to explode. I feed him for one week after his last molt and have stopped feeding; I cannot see how he could possibly eat one more thing. 😳

WillyWonker

Arachnopeon
it's doing good...still hasn't moved its molt...Wednesday is feeding day but idk if I'll try maybe Friday...the other sling should be next...its legs are getting the black lines like the one that molted did...so hopefully soon...I hear those GBB are really pretty...I'd like one down the road but kinda one stick to Avics...idk y these have about drove me crazy lol...

Craig73

Arachnoangel
I love avics. The diversipes (not sure if that’s the current name) look awesome. If I remember correctly they are more on the defensive side for an Avic...I’ll have to check because I do want one. And of course the purpurea which will be my next Avic. Fuzzy T’s get me every time.

I just noticed the Kwitara has black stripes on the legs. I’m sure they were pink weeks ago, hmmmm 😁

WillyWonker

Arachnopeon
yea and the one that molted its legs are back all pink...with them being so fuzzy that's the only thing I've noticed...and believe me I spent hours jus staring lol...but I've seen one called a Venezuelan red stripe I believe...it looks really nice...is that the one your talking about? not the purpurea...the 1st you mentioned...all I want is my versicolor next...I'll be set for a few years...I think lmao...

Craig73

Arachnoangel
Minatrix, I’m pretty sure that’s the same as the Venezuela Red Stripe. It keeps its awesome abdomen coloration from sling to adulthood. Pic below of mine, who has been closed off in his burrow for just over a week solid since I took the pic. You can see the tunnel web open, but now closed off. They are the “dwarfs” of the avics.

Cannot go wrong with a versicolor, that’s what brought me back to T’s and avics in general.

0BCE46ED-A5C5-4193-B85A-4FADCA27160F.jpeg

WillyWonker

Arachnopeon
mine has that kinda tunnel at the top of my lid atm...yours is nice...maybe after the versicolor and getting these slings setup later I may get one of those...I'm not too big of the terrestrial Ts I'm more into the arboreal for some reason...I wouldn't want an aggressive T either...and I like how the Avics rock the pink slippers...

Craig73

Arachnoangel
Minatrix tend to be shy. Usually I will only see his feet poking out the burrow. He’s still cool though. Most active at nite for sure.

WillyWonker

Arachnopeon
sucks cuz I live in Nashville and we don't really have alot of options to shop...we have 1 great exotic pet store and 1 ok but they usually have other things I'm not interested in...I'm gona have to order my versicolor from a breeder...which ain't bad but it'd be cool to be able to just go to the pet shop...I wish this virus shit would hurry up and split so I could hit a reptile show...

Craig73

Arachnoangel
I’ve ordered all mine online because there really is no local option. The classified section here looks good. You can look at sellers lists or put up a wanted ad. Shipping will probably be about the same price as the T (~$45) so that’s the only downside if you’re only buying one. Most offer LAG, but may not cover shipping of a new animal if yours arrives dead on arrival. Most though have excellent packaging. I’ve had mine come from the East coast to CA overnite no problems.

WillyWonker

Arachnopeon
yea that's the only thing that sux is the shipping cost but its cool... it's worth it to me...to be able to have the pets i want...as popular as they are my local shop I figured would carry em more often...i was surprised they had some A.Metallicas...but they have more terrestrial Ts...