Metallic Pink Toe Enclosure Help?

FADELS

Arachnosquire
hello, I am getting my first Metallic pink-toe (2-3 inch) tomorrow and I have set her up a temporary enclosure to last her about a week (if I should keep her there longer before rehousing her again please let me know) until her more permanent enclosure is finished. I was wondering if this would be suitable as its all I have to work with at the moment. It is around 7ich tall and 5inch wide on all sides. I feel as though it may be way too small but it would be way smaller to keep her in her shipping container until I can finish her larger enclosure. She was not supposed to be shipped for another two weeks so I'm really unprepared 20200512_214248.jpg

TwiztedNinja

Arachnobaron
That should be fine. Probably more suitable than the larger enclosure you are planning as most people seem to go with oversized enclosures for these guys

I'd just replace the sticks with a piece of wider cork bark and add more holes. Make sure it cannot fit thru them

FADELS

Arachnosquire
That should be fine. Probably more suitable than the larger enclosure you are planning as most people seem to go with oversized enclosures for these guys

I'd just replace the sticks with a piece of wider cork bark and add more holes. Make sure it cannot fit thru them
There are eight holes on each of the sides you are unable to see, is that suitable or do you still recommend more? I can definitely replace the sticks with some wider cork bark. Thank you so much for the help.

Thekla

Arachnoprince
I would add a few holes in the lid if you haven't already. They're useful not only for ventilation but also for dripping water drops on its web for drinking purposes in case it won't come down to the water dish.

Other than that, I'd replace those sticks with a piece of cork bark. Your Avic needs a more flat surface to hang out, relax and to hunt from.
And I'd use fake leaves around the upper part of the cork bark instead of all that moss which looks way too moist by the way. It'll also be easier for your T to use those leaves to shape its web.

It's nice to see someone asking for help before they get their T. :)

FADELS

Arachnosquire
I would add a few holes in the lid if you haven't already. They're useful not only for ventilation but also for dripping water drops on its web for drinking purposes in case it won't come down to the water dish.

Other than that, I'd replace those sticks with a piece of cork bark. Your Avic needs a more flat surface to hang out, relax and to hunt from.
And I'd use fake leaves around the upper part of the cork bark instead of all that moss which looks way too moist by the way. It'll also be easier for your T to use those leaves to shape its web.

It's nice to see someone asking for help before they get their T. :)
Thank you so much! This was extremely helpful! A lot of information I've read emphasizes heavily on the moisture for an arboreal species since they don't go to the bottom much so I guess I overdid it with the moss and moisture. I have plenty of silk leaves to put in there so thats perfect. I really appreciate your response!

Thekla

Arachnoprince
Glad I could help. :)

And please, don't trust any care sheets that recommend moisture/humidity for Avics! They're dead wrong! Too much moisture/humidity creates a stuffy environment that will kill your T. Especially with a well-established juvenile, you want to have bone-dry substrate and only a water dish or some drops of water on its web or the sides for drinking purposes.

I recommend reading these threads about Avic care:

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
More holes in my opinion, but the container will work for sure.
Thanks for providing measurements of your container and T- VERY VERY helpful. wish other new owners had your common sense.

FADELS

Arachnosquire
Just to update, I added many more holes and switched out the sticks with a nice, wide piece of Driftwood as well as taken out most of the moss for now. I'll be adding some silk plants in soon. She will be arriving tonight and I am super excited!

cold blood

Staff member
Just to update, I added many more holes and switched out the sticks with a nice, wide piece of Driftwood as well as taken out most of the moss for now. I'll be adding some silk plants in soon. She will be arriving tonight and I am super excited!
Splendid....I would keep her in there and move her next molt cycle. She should web this up pretty quickly.