Messuring a T

Nixy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Alrighty then now.
I'm confusualted....
I have read that a T is mssured by body length, fangs to spineretes.
And then I have read that you messure a T is it's relaxed sitting position and take the messure of where the feet are sitting.

Now. Keoche, our usmabar demon. is about one and three quarter inches long from fangs to spinners. But messuring her sitting where her feet rest she is two and a quarter inches. And if she stretches out and relaxes shes just under three inches.

So Just How big is Keoche?

Is she fully matured or does she have growing to do?

I can See of course how big our T's are but messuring them i can get a prety darned wide range of numbers.

So Which IS the Proper Right way of messuring?

Thanks

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
I think someone posted about this a while back. You'll notice that generally after a size is given, someone adds in 'legspan'. As I know it, that's the most commonly used measurement. I know I sure wouldn't want to have a T. blondi that was 11 inches from fang to spinnerettes!

Well, actually I would..

Bill

ceaser68

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Now thats a really good quiestion ! i was wondering that as well.. i know it seems everybody has different ideas of an inch but there should be some kinda standard !!!

Nixy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by conipto
I think someone posted about this a while back. You'll notice that generally after a size is given, someone adds in 'legspan'. As I know it, that's the most commonly used measurement.
Ok, but I see so many mixes and alot arn't specified and legspan can Still be different depending on the T and it's position.
Maybe I'm nitpicking.

I know I sure wouldn't want to have a T. blondi that was 11 inches from fang to spinnerettes!

Well, actually I would..

Hehehe. Me too................

belewfripp

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I have noticed that a lot of times Europeans tend to measure bodylength, i.e. fangs to spinneretts, whereas in North America I see more use of legspan. I use legspan and measure from the tip of one front leg to the tip of the back leg on that same side. Others measure diagonally, front on one side, back on the other. These are by no means hard and fast rules for who measures how but it seems to be generally true.

Adrian