• The Report forums are closed to new reports.

Please use our new Reviews & Reports section to leave reports.

Information on how to use our new Reports section can be found in our Tutorials forum.

Mesobuthus martensii

franco

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
okay, since this is the third time around, i have to share my dumbness with you guys :wall:

i was cleaning my martensii enclosure using tweezers. after i got all the left-overs of my martensii, i thought it would be cool if i made new hides for my babies so i had to get them out of their enclosure. the male was chilling upside-down on the driftwood so i easily managed to get him and put him in a deli cup. the female was in her burrow so i knew she was in her "leave me alone" mood but i still had to get her out. i gave her a lil push on the telson with my right index finger so she would go to my left hand which was already waiting for her to climb on to. then it happens, AGAIN!!! for the third freaking time, i got stung by the same female martensii which got me last week! this time i didn't panic. i dipped my hand in warm water then rinsed it with alcohol. the feeling was hot and tingling! it was fire and ice at the same time {D but there was no swelling. the pain lasted for about 18 hours then subsided gradually. i hope this is the last time :8o coz the next time, i'll sting back haha! {D

cheers,
franco

Last edited:

Randolph XX()

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
today i received my shipment of martensii and i accidentaly got stung
Because my friend packed them with moss, so i didn't really see the one which stung me was left in the moss
after i got stung, ya , it was painful, more severe than bee sting i'd say
i felt light headed after half an hour, but nothing much so far
next time, don't ship scorps in moss.................

kraken

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Well,I got my first sting from a LARGE adult female. She was hiding under some bark and I went to take out the water dish and I nust have brushed her bark or something,cause I felt a prick on the side of my pinkie.It just happened 20 minutes ago and it is swelling good now.I would say pain is about a 6 on a 1-10 scale. I have some good tingling,and seem to be doing good other than that. I dont think anything else will come of it.

JesseD

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
This happened about 4 or 5 years ago while I was working for a supplier and I did not know much about scorpions and risks etc. We had some of these little scorpions and I had sold some to a pet store. I even showed the reptile department employee how to pick them up by the stinger in order not to get stung. The next day he called me up to say he got stung by one of them while picking up another. I asked him right away how it feels, but he said well it just happened and ... oh oh my finger is burning... wait man my whole hand is burning! I asked him if he had any allurgies to bee stings and or if he had any problems breathing. He had none of the above. I did not know really what to do. I was told they weren't dangerous, but still could pack a little punch. Stupid me told the employee to put his hand on ice not knowing that would keep the venom their longer. He called me back about 10 minutes after saying that each time he took the ice off it would hurt even more. At that point I called my boss and he told me to tell him to take the ice off and sit down, watch some tv and drink a couple of cold ones. The next day the employee told me his hand hurt like someone had smacked it with a hammer for about 4 hours. So it seems that their stings stay localized.

Last edited: