Megasoma sleeperi FOUND!

WeightedAbyss75

Arachnoangel
Those stunning wing covering remind me of hardwood floors. Awesome beetle, never seen them before!

myrmecophile

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I would be inclined to say rarely collected rather than rare. They can be somewhat locally abundant when the conditions are right. The species is likely to be a bit more widespread than current information indicates. Did you get this one out at Glamis? Nice looking specimen.

Smokehound714

Arachnoking
I would be inclined to say rarely collected rather than rare. They can be somewhat locally abundant when the conditions are right. The species is likely to be a bit more widespread than current information indicates. Did you get this one out at Glamis? Nice looking specimen.
That's true, they have been found as far north as san bernardino county. Optimal conditions for their larvae seem to be quite scarce, ive only seen a handful of large paloverdes with rotting wood in the flake stage.

Yes this one came from glamis. Multiple trips failed to find others, though. The area still hasnt recieved the usual late monsoonal moisture it tends to see this time of year. Hopefully a few thunderstorms pop up over the region.