I hope to breed her someday.
i have an immature male.but he is growing very slow
I'd also like to find another female.
Bryan

Attachments

Lasiodora

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
They're beautiful. How big are they. The pics are great, and I have another spider to add to my list of must have.
Mike

Joy

Priestess of Pulchra-tude
Old Timer
Originally posted by mmmmdonuts
Here is another of my favs. She's about 7-8"
Bryan
Hey, Bryan, keep me in mind when you're done with your male . . . I have a very eligible single female myself ;)

Joy

Last edited:

Lycanthrope

Arachnolord
Old Timer
i just got a wee one a week ago, about 3 inches or so. she (i hope) is definately a lil cutie, although her abdomen is almost completely bald after the drive from fl to tenn. got her for 15$ at a petshop.

Cronoss

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Re: Re: Megaphobema velvetosoma pic

Originally posted by JP version 1.0
That's what I like about you B. Your'e always on the look out for new spiders for me;)

John

oh,I mean I'd like to find 2 or 3 more females.
Bryan

Last edited:

The_Phantom

Scarlet O' Hairy
Old Timer

Originally posted by Joy
Hey, Bryan, keep me in mind when you're done with your male . . . I have a very eligible single female myself ;)

Joy
JOy, is there any of your tarantulas that you havent held ?? Cool though, by the way.

Cronoss

Arachnoknight
Old Timer

Originally posted by Joy

Joy

you got it Joy
as soon as i'm done with him.

do you still have the male B.auratum?

Bryan

Joy

Old Timer
Re: Re: Re: Megaphobema velvetosoma pic

Originally posted by mmmmdonuts
you got it Joy
as soon as i'm done with him.

do you still have the male B.auratum?

Bryan
Yes! He has mated three times with my large female, and I've been trying him with my other female, but I'm afraid she's not mature yet. I intend to try a few more times before I give up, however.

Joy

Joy

Old Timer
Re: Re: Re: Megaphobema velvetosoma pic

Originally posted by Spider_savior
JOy, is there any of your tarantulas that you havent held ?? Cool though, by the way.
Quite a few of them, actually. I expect there are some I will never hold. My goal, if I can be said to have one, is not to handle everything, but to avoid any preconceived ideas about what is handleable and what isn't. I've found most of the published guidelines rather unreliable in this respect, perhaps because people are so inclined to see what they want (or expect) to see. If a person perceives a certain species as evil, for instance, he or she tends to find behavior to justify this viewpoint, whereas if he or she perceives it to be docile, he or she is much more likely to actually find it so. I try to go solely by the spider's behavior, though I do take other people's experiences into account as well! Secondhand experience is definitely preferable to first when it comes to getting bitten ;)

Joy

Mister Internet

Big Meanie Doo Doo Head :)
Arachnosupporter +
Well, here's a question then... how many times have you been bitten handling "iffy" species? :)

Joy

Old Timer
Originally posted by Mister Internet
Well, here's a question then... how many times have you been bitten handling "iffy" species? :)
I've never been bitten at all (knock on wood!).

Joy

Paulie B

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Velvetosoma is a beautiful and very large T. One was sold to me recently ad advertised in the store as "T Blondi" (they are not as large of course but you get my drift) The sp I got must be 8 inches toe to toe. She is is need of a molt though, looks a bit battered. But yes, a real eye opener of a T. Quite rare in the hobby too from what I read.

funguy@heart

Arachnopeon
I would have to agree with Joy. Everyone has threshold and born with the thirst for knowledge or accomplishment. I started with Avics and quickly got bored with how easy they were to pick up. I used to keep monitors ,but now I don't have the space. Now I have a few pamphos and a female cobalt that I had to pick up. It took some time. But eventually she gave in.

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
Here is another of my favs. She's about 7-8"
Bryan
Does this species still exist looks cool? So many big NW Ts not in the hobby.
Megaphobema velvetosoma looks so cool ! like a mini dwarf Goliath(T stirmi).

also looks cool, but none of these species exist in the hobby :cry:

Last edited: