Megaphobema robustum

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
That's neat. I really like the genus Megaphobema. I want to get M. mesomales. But right now, I'm not willing to pay so much for a s'ling. I've heard that this species is hard to keep too.

Jon

Botar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'll try to take a picture of my adult female and post it on here later today. I'm hoping to find a male for her after her next molt.

Botar

Botar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
As promised... my girl. I think she's getting ready to molt. Anyone having a male and interested in an exchange, just let me know.

Botar

Botar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Big Dragon,

Here's a pic of the M. mesomelas... about 2 inches... unsexed.

Botar

Nemesis

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hey Botar!

Hey Botar,
I'm curious about your opinions and observations of your M. mesomelas/M. robustum? How are they similar/different? (I know what the text books say; I'm looking for personal testimony) Which one do you like best? They are BEAUTIFUL spidies.

I have recently acquired an M. peterklaasi. I love it...way cool and very aggressive even as a little blighter!

Any one else???? personal experiences????

Kelly O

jwb121377

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Originally posted by Botar
As promised... my girl. I think she's getting ready to molt. Anyone having a male and interested in an exchange, just let me know.

Botar
Well mine is still a small sling but if it should turn out to be male I'll keep you in my mind. I've herd they grow fast so it may not take that long before I find out if it is a male or female.

jwb121377

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Originally posted by Botar
Big Dragon,

Here's a pic of the M. mesomelas... about 2 inches... unsexed.

Wow I'm so jealous, this has been on my wish list for some time now.

JDK

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Originally posted by jwb121377
This is fast becoming a favorite of mine. It will catch mealworms and crickets out of the air and attack drops of water.
Want! Want!

Botar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Re: Hey Botar!

Originally posted by Nemesis
Hey Botar,
I'm curious about your opinions and observations of your M. mesomelas/M. robustum? How are they similar/different? (I know what the text books say; I'm looking for personal testimony) Which one do you like best? They are BEAUTIFUL spidies.

Kelly O
They are both rather recent acquisitions. I like the looks of the robustum (at this stage) more, but the attitude of the little M. mesomelas just can't be beat. That little guy thinks he's 10 feet tall and made of barbed wire. He also seems to prefer higher humidity than the robustum. I believe this is the case because he is always hanging out around the water dish.

Botar

vulpina

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
The Megaphobema genus is one of my favorites, I will have a new mesomelas on Wednesday and a robustum sometime in May.

Andy