Megaphobema robustum question

briarpatch10

Arachnosquire
"They will also stretch out their legs, and bob up and down as a first effort to scare away or intimidate any perceived threat. If that doesn't work, then Colombian Giant Tarantulas will then spin in a circle while whipping their legs around trying to hit the predator with the sharp spikes on their back legs." WIKI PETS

Has anyone seen this ????? I just read this and thought it was the coolest trait of any T I have heard of.
What other T's have "odd" "different" traits?

Hentzi

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Yeah they do this I had one and it is so funny to watch

TarantulaHomes

Arachnosquire
Very interesting spider! Usually calm and shy, but if you try to touch it, it will jump and spin.

Hentzi

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I found with mine its not an agressive posture it just bob's up and down and walks in a circle very interesting stunning spiders have not seen manyabout for a long time so snap one up if you find one coloration i stunning.

Abby

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I have a 4" girl, and she is very calm.

She's usually hiding in her burrow, and even when I rehoused her, she just went into her shy I'm-covering-my-eyes posture.

I'm glad she feels safe enough to not do her little dance, although sometimes I wish she would do it just to practice it and so I could see it :D

fangsalot

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
"They will also stretch out their legs, and bob up and down as a first effort to scare away or intimidate any perceived threat. If that doesn't work, then Colombian Giant Tarantulas will then spin in a circle while whipping their legs around trying to hit the predator with the sharp spikes on their back legs." WIKI PETS

Has anyone seen this ????? I just read this and thought it was the coolest trait of any T I have heard of.
ive never seen mine do that :mad:

codykrr

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Most dont spin kick. Some walk backwards and will give you a reverse threat pose.

They all have spikes that line the back legs.

this is a bad pic, but the best I could get.

this shows the spikes that line both the inner and outer rear legs.

Also, if you want one, good luck. Took me over a year to find a mature female. I searched everyday. Once I did find one it came with a hefty price tag.

I did see one a few days ago for sale though.

They are by far my favorite species. I hope to breed my pair within the next year.

briarpatch10

Arachnosquire
Codykrr....Great pic... I know what your talking about... I cant find one ! I guess this one will just have to be put in the "holy grail" list...lol

codykrr

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Not sure who this is, but this is exactly what my female does.

[YOUTUBE]e1wJLtuJpjk[/YOUTUBE]

Smitty78

Arachnobaron
Old Timer

Next time you come down I'll show you this behavior in person.

Jmugleston

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
My largest female does this when I harass her. Not that I harass her often, but when it is time to pull water dishes and she's in the way she'll do a spinning kick when she is being shooed from the area.