megaphobema robustum dead, unusual material in abdomen.

Draychen

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
As expected, just fine temps. OY. Did you ever eat any voodoo cursed tarantulas?!

I am sorry for the attempt at being funny, but I'm at a complete loss.

---------- Post added at 06:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:03 PM ----------

Has this animal molted since this? If so how many times? Links to previous threads would be good as well.

Sorry I didn't post back, I've been VERY busy as of recently. No molts as I have just recently done this. She's gone back into her bamboo tube hide and has been there since being returned to her cage. I'm going to pull her out again tonight to see if more draining is needed. With such a small gauge needle, there is no need to seal any of the punctures, as it is only slightly invasive. I did it without putting her under or restraining her much (cupped in hand is all)

Last edited:

Draychen

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
As promised: For esotericman

The link below will take you to my photobucket. There are the most recent pics of the A. versicolor that I found with the cyst.

http://s929.photobucket.com/albums/ad136/DraychenN/MF A versicolor FEB2011 Cyst/

Pics 545 and 546 are the first two 'sticks'. 'Blood' was normal color and a pain reaction was noticed.

Pic 547 was the final stick of the night, with which, I withdrew aprox. 3 drops of a darker substance. The drop pictured is the final drop to escape. No pain reaction was indicated.

Notice the previous pictures: Her left spinnerette is completely paralyzed before said draining. After draining she regained partial use and began webbing.

She had no trouble defecating normally, HOWEVER, she seemed unable to projectile poo adequately for defense when startled.

I must also add: She had been housed with a MM A. versicolor since 15Oct2010. He appears in perfect health and has now been separated.

Pics of the couple can be found at this link (Pics 507-511):

http://s929.photobucket.com/albums/ad136/DraychenN/Community/

PS: If anyone with a desire to analyze the liquid wishes it, I am more than willing to preserve the next drainage and send it away for studies!

ornamentalist

Arachnoknight
yep, my e. Pachypus went exactly the same way. An abnormality sometimes occurs on the anal area of the t after a moult (hardening problems, stretching/deforming,etc) results in the passage being blocked, thus leading to impactions and then eventual death. The clumps on the inside of the abdomen will more than likely be the clumped impactions. Its awful knowing you are powerless to prevent it. Sorry for your loss