megaphobema mesomelas?

Smileyboy

Arachnopeon
just wondering, wat would be ur max for a 5in 2.5 year old female megaphobema mesomelas? a friend offered a female for $350, i want to know if thats normal price or to if its to high. thanks

Trenor

Arachnoprince
just wondering, wat would be ur max for a 5in 2.5 year old female megaphobema mesomelas? a friend offered a female for $350, i want to know if thats normal price or to if its to high. thanks
I would search through the classifieds section for that T and see what price they are being sold at. Then adjust for sex/size if I couldn't find an exactly like the one I was being offered.

Thistles

Arachnobroad
Old Timer
This ties in to what I was saying in that pricing thread. That's an excellent price, but that's also a spider that most people shouldn't have. It's difficult to keep, difficult to breed, probably of illegal origin and belongs in the hands of experienced hobbyists who are capable of reproducing it. If it were me, I'd jump all over it then send it on to a friend with the know-how to take a good shot at breeding her.

Smileyboy

Arachnopeon
thanks guys. my friend raised her up from a sling for her whole life. i wont be breeding her anytime soon as she literally just molted today, we were talking about her molting when he threw the idea of selling her to me. i would like to breed her down the road, def a t i wanted for a while now.

cold blood

Staff member
Age isn't important in price, sex and size is. Its a rare t that, like mentioned, really belongs only in certain hands...the LPS by me is selling an AF for $299. I pray it ends up in the right hands.

Last edited:

johnny quango

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I've had a Megaphobema mesomelas sling for around 5-6 months and I found it no more difficult to care for than its cousin the Megaphobema robustum I have. Maybe it's the cooler temperature here in the uk that help, I've found that as long as I keep a full water dish and rotate part of the substrate being damp it moults and lives just fine. For the record they have serious appetite and at least for now anyway.
All this is just from my own personal experience and it may differ from other keepers but I remember I think @Exoskeleton Invertebrates saying he had kept them at both cool and warm temperatures and that the problem you face is drying out of the enclosure. Exo if it wasn't you I apologise in advance

Smileyboy

Arachnopeon
thanks everyone for the help. it seems like the t molted yesterday and suddenly died. he raised it up from a sling so he knew wat he was doing, just suddenly died. i was planning to buy the t after it hardened up and ate a few times. i feel so bad for my friends, he lost his male mesomelas. his male molted awhile back and never grew replacement fangs after a molt. so he lost a 1.1 in 6 months. would have been a cool t to have.

thanks again everyone.