Megaphobema mesomelas care

mantisfan101

Arachnoprince
Found this sp after robustum and I am now addicted to this sp, anyone got any experience or care tips for thehm?

Liquifin

Arachnoking
Well, keeping them cool helps a lot for starters. I keep them like Theraphosa's with moist substrate, so the care regarding enclosure is not hard, the problem comes from keeping them cool for most keepers. I keep mines at around 68F-72F, but since Autumn is here, the temps are easily around 65F in the storage area where I keep mines and my girl is doing very well.

Warm temps make them act quite weird as in they don't catch prey as good and the act kind of wobbly.

Exoskeleton Invertebrates

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Well, keeping them cool helps a lot for starters. I keep them like Theraphosa's with moist substrate, so the care regarding enclosure is not hard, the problem comes from keeping them cool for most keepers. I keep mines at around 68F-72F, but since Autumn is here, the temps are easily around 65F in the storage area where I keep mines and my girl is doing very well.

Warm temps make them act quite weird as in they don't catch prey as good and the act kind of wobbly.
Absolutely not true.

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
Terrestrial setup, provide a good amount of moist sub, they may dig but they're not hardcore burrowers like robustum.

Tbh, I think the temp thing is exaggerated (at least for CB specimens anyway, WC specimens might be more sensitive), my female coped better than I did with a 3 day heatwave in which my room was basically 30°C for 3 straight days (she didn't even burrow). I've not ever had to do anything beyond routine maintenance to keep her alive during the summer months.