Meet "Baby" !

xenesthis

Arachnolord
Old Timer
WC and CB imports

The last WC ones that I know of was from Peru in 2000. The last CB ones were in 2004 from Germany. I came close to getting the black morph out of Guyana last year, but my collector got sick and he missed a great opportunity and typical export red tape made it fall apart.

>Is there a youtube clip anywhere of the footage Nat. Geo. filmed of it?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgxv8aAs6UE

Last edited:

Richard McJimsey

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
The last WC ones that I know of was from Peru in 2000. The last CB ones were in 2004 from Germany.
Where did the ones you posted for sale last year come from? Oh, you never got any. Lesson learned, I would think.
What's the song in the video? I like it.
I hope she does well being exported! :) Whoever recieves her sure is lucky.

Last edited:

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
Very cool clip Todd. How long did they have it for to get footage of it molting and then lay eggs? I assume those eggs were infertile? Is it all the same centipede in that footage ?

Later, Tom

xenesthis

Arachnolord
Old Timer
infertile eggs

>How long did they have it for to get footage of it molting and then lay eggs?

I'm guessing they got lucky with the timing as they had it for less than six months I believe.

> I assume those eggs were infertile?

Yes. She has done that twice.

> Is it all the same centipede in that footage ?

Yes.

xenesthis

Arachnolord
Old Timer
same pede

That's the same pede referenced at the top of this thread.

The most remarkable thing is her girth and weight. I've seen several S. gigantea 10"-12" before, so that isn't what so impressive to me. This girl is very BIG in the body. You can hear when her fangs punctures her prey.

Dave

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Ok, so this is the biggest one I own. She's about 4 feet long. lol

Quixtar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
This is the biggest S. heros I've ever owned. No ruler, as she died last summer in the care of my friend while I was out of town. She was in pre-molt before I left and presumably died while molting. When I measured her prior to this, she had a body length of 8.5" with a total length of 10" or more with terminal legs and antennae factored in.

ragnew

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Here's to hopin' the transit goes good with this beast! Enjoy her while she's in your care Todd! Lucky man! With luck S. gigantea (especially blacks) will make their way back into the trade.

Endagr8

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
She was CB in Germany. She was imported at 4" around 2004. I bought her from Frank Somma then. Sold to Pete K. two years later. Pete sold it to Glades Herp. two years ago. GH sold it to Nat. Geographic. They gave it to GH when they were done with their filming of her and I bought her this week. She is being exported to Asia next week. So, she is quite famous now. :)
Wait, you paid $1000 for her? :eek: