Meet "Baby" !

Richard McJimsey

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
How do you know she's the largest in the US?
Did you get measurements from everyone elses centipedes?

Originally posted by xenesthis
Nat. Geographic searched everywhere last year and said she was the biggest. IF somebody has one bigger, let's see the proof. Otherwise, at 13", I can't believe you are actually questioning that
You ask for proof of larger ones, but you can't provide any proof that yours is the *largest*?
I'd also be interested in a few ruler shots. Did you include antennae and terminal legs in your "13in" measurement?

Last edited:

xenesthis

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Rick

Do you EVER have anything to post that isn't negative??????????????? Your personal bias is displayed every time you post.

Nat. Geographic looked everywhere two years ago for the largest centipede in the U.S. This was the one. IF there is another one, where the hell is the proof?

Richard McJimsey

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Do you EVER have anything to post that isn't negative??????????????? Your personal bias is displayed every time you post.
Sure I do, just not when people are claiming things they can't back up. Yes, I also have a bias against exaggerated claims.
I fail to see how my inquiry is negative, I'm just trying to figure out how you know "Baby" is the largest in the US.
I'd also be curious as to "Baby"s history, was she CB or WC? If she is CB, how old is she and what is the origin of her parents?

Last edited:

xenesthis

Arachnolord
Old Timer
13"

13" centipede has measured by Nat. Geographic and myself plus as you can see in the video the ruler for scale, and you think there is several centipedes or more in the U.S. that exceed this???

You obviously don't understand the rarity of this species, the commercial-captive history on them and the record sizes known to-date.

IF you didn't know and your tone was different, you would come across differently, but I know you Rick. I know your tone and see what you are up to - again. Your pattern is well-known.

Arachnopets

Arachnoboards Team
Staff member
Admin note:

To the both of you .....

Quit the crap and take it to PM. Seriously, not another word, I mean it! :mad:

Debby

nissan480

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Darn nice pede!

That would be cool to have a pede larger then a ruler. Had one I would say was over eleven inches at it was impressive watching him cruise around his 20 gal.

He was the only pede ive scene that would hold roach up right like yours did. He would would also arch his the first few segments and use his body weight to hold the large dubia.

Wish you could get some more of these in, for under a bill a piece;).....dreamin

J.huff23

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Thats definitly a good looking pede man. Thats a keeper for sure.

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
oh she's a real looker alright:drool: she was mine:D i got her when she was about 4" wc, ive had her for about 8 years,wasn't planning on selling her,but nat geo needed a monster for a documentry,they paid me well for her,she went to a good cause,when they were done filming her they gave her to glades herp which kept her for awhile,i wanted to buy her back but they wanted alittle too much,(being she's alot older now)i really wanted her back........oh well.but i got another little beastie that i will keep FOREVER!!!{D i'm glad todd got her,she's in good hands:clap:

Richard McJimsey

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
oh she's a real looker alright:drool: she was mine:D i got her when she was about 4" wc, ive had her for about 8 years,wasn't planning on selling her,but nat geo needed a monster for a documentry,they paid me well for her,she went to a good cause,when they were done filming her they gave her to glades herp which kept her for awhile,i wanted to buy her back but they wanted alittle too much,(being she's alot older now)i really wanted her back........oh well.but i got another little beastie that i will keep FOREVER!!!{D i'm glad todd got her,she's in good hands:clap:
Wow! How many times did she molt to get to be so large? Any idea on where she was originally collected? What documentary did she show up in?
Todd, this is what I meant by "history".
Thanks for the info, Beetleman! I hope she does well, she is pretty old, it appears.

ragnew

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I was wondering if this was the one that you sold Pete. She definitely ended up in good hands again.

super-pede

Arachnobaron
I have kept a 12 1/2 inch Malaysian.I also knew someone with a 13 inch Scolopendra heros
When did Nat.Geo go on this supposed "largest centipede search"may I ask.I would also like to see proof that she is the largest.
I am gonna side with rick on this one,sorry.

nissan480

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Well the fly's are attacking so we know where this thread has gone.

History, what does that have to do with a claim of size?

Last edited:

Steven

pede-a-holic
Old Timer
That's a whole lot of pede :drool: looks massive !
thanx for sharing

xenesthis

Arachnolord
Old Timer
pics and proof

>I have kept a 12 1/2 inch Malaysian.I also knew someone with a 13 inch Scolopendra heros

We hear these things, but no pics/proof. Post them if you got them.

Any centipedes over 11", I'd like to see good pics of.

SAn

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I have kept a 12 1/2 inch Malaysian.I also knew someone with a 13 inch Scolopendra heros
When did Nat.Geo go on this supposed "largest centipede search"may I ask.I would also like to see proof that she is the largest.
U seem to own or have owned every sigle pede available, not to mention those viridicornis and galapagoenis u "got" now. Any pics available?

Mister Internet

Big Meanie Doo Doo Head :)
Arachnosupporter +
I've heard of a lot of '12 inch heros' as well, and I have never seen a convincing photo that showed one approaching 10"... unless you squash it flat and measure it from the tips of the antennae to the ends of the terminal legs. Just like "12 inch blondi", it's best to just post convincing photos.

I have to admit jealousy Todd, she's a beauty. Shame you're not letting her burrow, but a pede like that deserves to be looked at I suppose... ;)

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Ok, I know this guy who's cousin dates this chick from Kalamazoo. Well, that chick's best friend's boyfriend went to an expo once where he met this one vendor who said he knows a guy who's brother had a 14.5" S. gigantea "plaid leg morph". It's very rare. So rare in fact that nobody I've ever spoken with (except that guy) has ever even heard of it!!!

So sorry, none of the pede's you guys mention are records. Deal wif it.

Anyway, that is an incredible specimen, Xenesthis. Thanks for sharing. Have you tried feeding it a live piglet yet?