Mechanical Mom time!! (rufilata & regalis egg-sacs)

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Well I decided to pull the p. rufilata & P. regalis egg-sacs and put them in the Mechanical Mom to ensure they were not eaten....yes I am a worry wort LOL!! I thought I may have felt eggs with legs in the rufilata sac but I could be wrong, we will see in about 10-12 days!

[youtube]pYD6dabYHmc[/youtube]

Hentzi

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Cool video and that sac was a monster, got to say I know nothing about these mechanical mums but it looks a very smart piece of kit how much was that to setup?

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Cool video and that sac was a monster, got to say I know nothing about these mechanical mums but it looks a very smart piece of kit how much was that to setup?
It was around $750.00 - $800.00 to completely build. Her sac was huge!!

Hentzi

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Thanks for the reply is the mechanical mum a successful sorry to quiz you on this but I really am clueless on these?

aluras

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Gotta say thanks for posting so much information all the time. It really is cool. Also, I have not seen one of those MECH MOMS in use before/way cool. Do you use it with every sack?
~Aaron

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Gotta say thanks for posting so much information all the time. It really is cool. Also, I have not seen one of those MECH MOMS in use before/way cool. Do you use it with every sack?
~Aaron
I have used 2X now, My P. pederseni sac I used it for was 97% successful but I put it in there at day 7.....here it is working. In the Timelapsed vid it looks like the sac drops because it is sped up fast but it doesn't drop, it slowly rolls over. It turns the sac ever 1/4th turn so it gets turned 1X a hour.

[YOUTUBE]fYoN98hFqtM[/YOUTUBE]

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Thanks for the reply is the mechanical mum a successful sorry to quiz you on this but I really am clueless on these?
I have had great success so far with it, I believe putting the sac in at day 1 is bad idea but rather put it in at day 5 & up.

Hentzi

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Sure thanks very interesting, for the serious hobbyist though unfortunately space and time is my problem so not for myself but very interesting reading on your experiences, oh by the way I see your videos on here often and have learnt a great deal they are very interesting do you have a you tube channel?

Thanks

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Sure thanks very interesting, for the serious hobbyist though unfortunately space and time is my problem so not for myself but very interesting reading on your experiences, oh by the way I see your videos on here often and have learnt a great deal they are very interesting do you have a you tube channel?

Thanks
I am tarantulaguy1976 on youtube:D

bloodred1889

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
robc, ive seen your vids on youtube and your threads on here.
you are a great asset to the hobby, im a big fan.
your profetional and you are in love with the hobby, the best way to be.
i wish you lived in the uk or at least could send to the uk because if i were to buy a p.metalica i would want to buy from someone like you, who i know has cared for it in a very good way and is a garanteed good breeder/seler :D

sorry if i sound like s lame stalker, i just love you :D
in other words i think your a great tarantula hobbiest.

please keep doing what your doing :)