Meanie

Masurai

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I have my T setting on top of my entertainment center so that if she decides to actually move around I can watch. But she is being a meanie and only moves when I'm not looking. She was right in the middle of her home and I went in to the other room for a second and when i got back she had climbed on to her ceiling. Anyone else have T that only move when you don't look

Last edited:

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
yup, i have several{D but mainly my P.rufulata,she pulls that stunt all the time:)

Cringles

Arachnopeon
My H. Lividum and P. Murinus never move, sometimes i think i have a empty tank, but the H. Lividum shows up every few days:D

SPIDERBYTE

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Mine does that all the time, I can be at the computer for hours, and she's still in the same spot, then I go get a snack, and when I come back, she's moved!

Her favorite trick seems to be in the morning, when she's still out in the open like she was all night, I can get up and look at her, and she'll stay still, but then when I leave the room (even for just one minute) that's when she'll sneak off to her hiding spot if she's going to. ;P
Sometimes I'll catch her in the act, just catching a glimpse of her fuzzy rump before she totally disappears into the shadows of her cave.

Masurai

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Ok Then

Now she is ctually moving a little. She up there itching her "butt" with her back leg with between the spinnerets

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Welcome to the T world, that is what most tarantulas do. I don't think they do it on purpose though. It's like the expression "a watched pot never boils."

Masurai

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Welcome to the T world, that is what most tarantulas do. I don't think they do it on purpose though. It's like the expression "a watched pot never boils."
True, I knew she wouldn't move mch. Guess it could be worst. I could of got a pet hole, atleast i get to see her.

lunixweb

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
many T's never move a lot because don't want to spend energy, they only move to catch some prey, I guess when T's are in constant movement is due to their dislike in the cage, maybe would be necessary to change them.

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
It's just in the Ts nature to not move alot, they are ambush predators! When Ts move around consistently they are either mature males or females looking for a new home(which is why when you rehouse a T they explore the entire cage).

phil jones

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i think a - t - thats sits around a lot is a happy - t- its when they keep moving around you got to look out for 1/ not happy in its tank 2/ a mature male look for a mate %%% phil

spid142

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
conserve energy

Right, Ts are most at home when they mostly sit around, being mostly still. Unless changing poses on a surface, tracking/catching food, enlarging/working on burrow, or doing maintenance/ grooming, they conserve energy. As has been said by many of us, Ts just dont move much unless theres a reason.

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Right, Ts are most at home when they mostly sit around, being mostly still. Unless changing poses on a surface, tracking/catching food, enlarging/working on burrow, or doing maintenance/ grooming, they conserve energy. As has been said by many of us, Ts just dont move much unless theres a reason.
Don't forget about being disturbed! :cool: