Mean rosie

stk5m

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I got a female rosie from a nice local pet shop and this thing has a mean streak about a mile wide. She's about five inches and is living on dry eco-earth with a water bowl and hide. I have a pokie that I can do cage cleaning with my bare hand and this thing hits forceps like it's her job.:eek: Does anyone else have a big meanie of a rosie? is this normal?

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Yup, pretty normal. There have been many satanic rosies, and sometimes it's just a mood swing. Nothing to worry about though, I find these more interesting then the docile ones.

LeilaNami

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I've had a big mean male at the store one time. Every time I'd open the cage he would whip around and throw a threat pose.

jr47

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i have one that is docile one day and nuts the next. i walked in my room this morning and she was in a threat stance and there was nothing in there to bother her. she stayed like that for nearly a half hour over nothing. and this is after 3 days of not moving at all.

Rydog

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
yep, my rosie is a little devil, I tried to handle her because I thought she had calmed down,but as soon as she touch my arm she tried to fang me.{D

GailC

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I had a big ol' girl who was evil incrnate, I recently sold her and her new owner was surprised at how nasty she is. My hap and OBT had better tempers then her.

pitbulllady

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Almost every single Rosehair I've had is like this. They will be really calm and sweet one day, and the epitome of Evil the next, without warning. I have had one that was super aggressive-defensive, ALL of the time, and would actually run up the side of her enclosure to try and bite me! Ironically, the only G. roseas of mine that I have YET to even see a threat display from are my five RCF's, though a couple of these are really skittish and prone to panic. I'd read many articles describing the RCF's as being more aggressive and prone to biting or other defensive behaviors that other color phases in this species, and I have to wonder if either whoever wrote those articles was really describing a different species of Grammostola, or if I have a different species of Grammostola!

pitbulllady

Mina

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I have 5 rosies and only one is nasty, and not all of the time. It is my biggest female that is the grouchy one occasionally. My red phase female is very docile, and a little shy. My younger ones are all spazzy. My male was a total sweetheart.

CrypticRealism

Arachnopeon
lol
I can't even handle mine anymore
she's extremely psycho
Though I do love feeding her..she seems to like catching several crickets at once
I'll normally throw in four which ends up with
two pierced through each fang{D

Derrick

Arachnopeon
I had a male that died of old age.....it was a mean one as well.....all the time. He would pose a threat every time you opened the cage. And also tried to bite the tongs a lot as well. Rosies seem to vary a lot in temperment.

spid142

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
rosie

Yep, they can be calm or really agressive seemingly depending on which one you get. Some are calm and friendly, others are psychos. Mine is a sweetie, practically have to push her out of the way of enclosure maintenance. Just doesnt seem to be bothered by it at all.

Midnight1983

Arachnopeon
My H. Gigas is more chilled out than my rosie. Guess T's are like people; some are just jerks.
:)

IdahoBiteyThing

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Mean rosie?

Mine's not mean. She's sooo sweet! It's so cute when she rears up on her back legs and High 5's me every time I open the tank. And I swear she's smiling at me, 'cause I can see her two huge fangs glistening as she rushes forward to greet me when I come home. Adorable. I'd rather go free handle my OBT. (Welcome to the psychotic world of G. rosea, enjoy!).

LeilaNami

Arachnoking
Old Timer
My personal rosie is a big sweetie. She tolerates me very well as you can see in the picture I have posted in the proper forum. She's only thrown a threat pose once and that was nearly five years ago. Recently, however, she kicked hairs at me for the first time :eek:

Pociemon

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
My rosie is also the cutest little thing, never kicks hair or any threat poses. She seem almost to like when i come to her for a visit:D

OldHag

ArachnoHag
Old Timer
All rosies are the spawn of satan and will be the end of human kind.

jr47

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
All rosies are the spawn of satan and will be the end of human kind.
i really hope your wrong. i have 8 and they are all in my bedroom. and they dont like me very much except when i have crickets for them.

spid142

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
all rosies are the spawn of

LOL, could be most of them, with a few angels sprinkled in. Calm, docile T?
Makes you wonder.

Darkmacheen

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My rosie doesent do much, she skitters off a bit if i open her enclosure but thats about it lol, i have heard of a few mean ones though