Mean Momma wakes up kidlets...

AneesasMuse

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Mean Momma wakes up gecko kidlets... pics!

I was feeling frisky with the digital... and I'm so giddy that my ol' camera is playing nice with my pc again (yet, it still doesn't play so nice with the operator :rolleyes: ..but I'm learnin')

anyhow... here's some "wakey! wakey!!" pics of a few of my gang....

One of my Mom's in slumber... Val ..the only time she's sweet {D

My other Mom... Lucille is the sweetest gecko girly alive! She's rather preggo at the moment..

..and not thrilled with me for showing off her pretty belly

Lucille: "Hahahaha! very funny!! ..I'm going back to sleep now.... "

Here's Val's younger sister from a different clutch... Crunch!

and Cruncher again...

The next two geckos are hopeful girlies... really hopeful...

Yabissa was a freebie... clutchmate to conjoined twins... and probable female

And this little gem... found her by chance in a local herp store... Sashti!

Sashti is appx. 3mos. and has this many spots already... I'm thinkin' Super Dal

I tried to get pics of the boys, but they said "NO!"

so here's a blurry pic of Tiffany... oh the indignancy of "frisky Moms"...

Tiffany: "Ahem.. I'm peein' here, lady!! Do you mind?"

Hope you enjoy!
~Aminah

Last edited:

AneesasMuse

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
The rest of em...

First up... JabberWocky! He has a sad history, hence the "frogbutt" (Cresteds' tails don't regenerate once lost)

JW: "I almost got her... but it hit the floor, dang it!"

This boy, in spite of his troubles, is paired up with Val... she understands him. ;)

JW: "ohhh, okay.. she's braaaaave!"

Next up is Lucky... rescued from the same place I got Jabby, Val, Lucille, Amra, Kurta and a few others who've since found their forever home.

Is he smiling?

Lucky: "Don't worry, JW.. I got enough on her for both of us and an expletive comment!"

I don't think he's hanging his head in shame... instead hiding his smurky giggles.. but his back is pretty!

Last GeckoMan.. and probably my favorite Gecko, if there's such a thing... L'il Abner

Abby: "I can't look, Mah.. the flashy fing blindeds me"

He's trying to leave.. but I got a back shot of his gorgeous spots!

What a precious, handsome face!!

Abby: "Will you please leave me alone now? I didn't even poop on you, but if it will make you stop the flashin'... "

Okay, so that's the boys. Jabb and Lucky are busy making babies this season.. each have 2 eggs in the inc'y right now. L'il Abby will be making babies next season, God Willing! (He's my Super Dalmation project male.)

Here's the 2 little stinker girls that are too prissy to be touched much..

Kurta with her beautifully contrasted "fringe'y" legs...

(She isn't dirty here... actually, the sun was only shining on part of her.. the plant she was sleeping in was covering the darker areas and causing the faded contrast)

Kurta: "Might as well get comfy... this woman is nuts with the flashy fing today"

L'il Amra is a doll baby.. only in appearances ;D

Can you see her pretty white crests?

I believe she's had enough of me..

L'il Amra: "If I am vewwy vewwy stilll'd, she'll go away... "

Enjoy... but you are forbidden to leave any comments! {D

roach dude

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Wow that is a awesome set of geckos... with all those geckos and little familly and all the drama of lost tails you should make a soap series....

pinkzebra

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Oh man, they are cutie pies! What a beautiful bunch of geckos you have there. And Tiffany is pretty too! Sounds like you have your hands full...

Jen

AneesasMuse

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Heyyyy Jen!! How are you? Where have you been hiding? How's all your gang.. 2 legged and otherwise?

I almost bought a Flagstaff Orange from Kelly the other day... just cuz of you :D I'm getting a Blue Fang and a Poeci from him soon, though.

I hope all is well with you!

Thanks for the nice compliments, you guys :)

AviculariaLover

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
OMG CUTENESS.

The petstore I work at has a bunch of lil cresteds (the owner breeds them)... There is one that looks just like your "Cruncher" and I'm quite tempted to take it home (I made the mistake of holding it, and I fell completely in love)... as long as I can hide it from my parents who don't want me getting any more pets :rolleyes:

AneesasMuse

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Don't tell your Mom... uhh, cuz I'm someone's Mom too :rolleyes: ...but a Crested baby can be kept comfortably in a medium KK for awhile. I start all of my new kids in the smallest one and they graduate up to the large and then a 5.5g or a 10g, depending on how peacefully they live with siblings and/or same age mates.

They are very similar to sling care.. in that, space can be stressful and/or difficult when feeding, etc.

They are addictive, though... and they have a wide range of personalities.

Lucille is my shoulder jockey'in, spoon eatin', movie watchin' girly. She and her mate, Lucky, are very vocal at night.

Jabb jumps around like a mad man until I get him out of the viv... then he will sit on my head or in my hair for hours. He gardens and everything.

Val is just a grumpy little ol' lady... and can be nippy when preggo.

Sashti is another spoon eater.. she's a sweet baby!

And so on... they are all very different! :D

If you do decide to get the Crested, don't hesitate to pm me if you should have any questions or need any help, etc.

~Aminah

pinkzebra

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Heyyyy Jen!! How are you? Where have you been hiding? How's all your gang.. 2 legged and otherwise?

I almost bought a Flagstaff Orange from Kelly the other day... just cuz of you :D I'm getting a Blue Fang and a Poeci from him soon, though.

I hope all is well with you!

Thanks for the nice compliments, you guys :)

Oh I am doing great, busy but great, thanks for asking.

Everyone here is doing well, lost a couple of ratties the past few months though :( And I have a FEW more spideys!!

I do recommend the Flagstaff Orange, mine is awesome.

Congrats on the Blue Fang and Poeci, they will be great additions.

Hey, how is the Beardie that you rescued a while back? I've been wondering about him.

All your Gecko babies look so happy and healthy.

Congrats and good luck with all your critters.

Jen

AneesasMuse

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I'm glad to hear everyone is great... sorry about the rattie kids, though :( I lost Rufus a few weeks ago and it was much harder than I imagined (he was my first rattie loss ever)

Hugo.. the little stinker Beardie guy is GREAT!!

His favorite place...

and pretty hostile about anyone trying to share "his" place :rolleyes:

Thanks for asking about him :)

pinkzebra

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Oh yay!! Hugo looks great! I still have to get one of those lil buggers, I am really dying to get one.

Sorry to hear about your rattie loss. :(

Jen

AviculariaLover

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I did it.

I gave in.

I got a lil crested gecko in exchange for a chunk of my paycheck {D

Cutest thing in the world... I need to take pics. And I need a name. Too young to accurately sex yet I think.

Eeeeeee!!!! :D :cool:

AneesasMuse

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Congratulations!! :D I can't wait to see your little one! Give him/her some time... you'll get a name from personality or character... something. ;)

AviculariaLover

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hehe yeah my friend suggested Ninja, and it has stuck (and for simplicity, I'm refering to it as a male until I can determine otherwise)... the name works, he's so cute, but has a pinch of mischeviousness to him. Loves to jump, but not too crazy. I've been playing with him for two weeks already at the store, hehe. He already has gorgeous coloration and I've heard it just gets better as they mature. The pictures dont do him justice, tomorrow I want to take some in sunlight.

AneesasMuse

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Ohhh.. how cute is he!! He does have a similar pattern as Crunch :) ..and with a few dalmation spots, I see. Very nice looking gecko! :D

Looks like a "Ninja" too {D

AviculariaLover

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Yeah, he had the prettiest pattern of the bunch, and seemed to be one of the friendliest... I wonder if more spots will show up as he gets older or if thats it? All his siblings had lots more spots. By the end of the summer I know I'll have more than one :rolleyes:

This is what I get for working at a pet store where the owner breeds things herself, haha.

AneesasMuse

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I have eggos brewing in the inc'y right now, so if you ever want some fresh blood in your new hobby... just let me know. I'm not in this to make a living, so my prices are very reasonable and my geckos are very well taken care of.

Btw, the spots could increase in number and/or size as Ninja ages... it's part of the fun with these guys. :D

~Aminah

P.s. Kaliningrad, you should hear all the commotion after lights out... my geckos are VERY FRISKY! {D