meal worms

Spider-Man v2.0

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
has any one acaly gotten thear turatula to eat a meal worm?? none of mien will tuch them at all.
allso, my zebra still looks realy streesed from when i got her from petco, it was way to dry for her thear and shes nearly completly bear.
and found my red knee climbing to the top of her cage, and she was chewing the screen:S i did have roaches in a contaner siting on the top her cage. i figered thats maby y

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
a lot of mine will take them. i prekill (headsmash) pretty much all the feeders i feed out. i do this especially to mealworms as they usually burrow pretty quickly otherwise.

some arboreals seem a little more finicky about eating prekilleds... but once they get hungry enough they will, too.

edit:
i personally believe that predators have to learn what is good to eat and what is not. it seems like some individuals are set to be more adventurous in when and how they try new things... and further seem to learn to eat them much faster. bell curve.

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
how do u feed a pre kill?
well, now pretty much all my bugs know that the cooling body i fling next to them is good eating, so i just grab a roach or mealworm by the head and smash it and then drop it next to the bug. 90% of the time the bug snatches it when it hits the ground by them (once they are used to that method of feeding).

the only thing you have to watch for is if a bug is in premolt or otherwise not eating then the prekilled food item will mold or whatever in a higher humidity cage.

basically no method is perfect and i have chosen to be on guard against mold and rot in exchange for not having to worry about something taking a bite out of one of my pets (and stupid glass walking roaches escaping from some pred's high vent cage)