meal of mouse...

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
well, my rosy boa must be going to shed, he refused his thawed mouse last night....so, not wanting to waste it, I dangled it in front of my A genic....and this is the result!

Last edited:

krystal

Arachnodite
Old Timer
a. geniculatas are so pretty...

holley, what size is yours? is it female? if so, i have a 6.5" male that will eventually be looking for a date...

Alex S.

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Meal of Mouse

Usually dont post in the T forum, but that is one awesome pic, Holley!! Great looking spider too!!

Alex S.

Mister Internet

Big Meanie Doo Doo Head :)
Arachnosupporter +
That is an absolutely terrifying, beautiful picture.... how much of that mouse did it actually finish?

Mister Internet

Big Meanie Doo Doo Head :)
Arachnosupporter +
Bjorg,

We could make a game out of it... :) I'm going to guess, based on the size of the mouse, that it's 2.5" body length, and about 5.25" legspan...

I wonder what we'll win?

:)

Bjorgly

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Im gunna go with 5 inches even - leg span. And the same 2.5 inches body length.

Mark

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
LOL...good guesses!
the legspan at last molt on 7-31-02 measured 5.5"
I fed him/her (don't know, it's an exuvia mangler) this morning at about 10am. Right now it's 245pm, and the mouse looks to be about half gone. Hard to say, since her/his back is to me, and I loaned my camera out to my neighbor.
I should have it back later this afternoon, and I'll take another pic.
This is going to be one FAT spider LOL

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
here is another angle from this morning...not so good a pic, but you can see the size comparison..

Last edited:

JacenBeers

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
None of my stupid spiders except my Avics will eat dead prey. I hate it.

krucz36

Chelcirator
Old Timer
holley, that lil bugger may burst!
my fireleg's been slurping down pinkies for a while. they sure do produce some king sized poo's when they finish a mouse!
can't wait til my genic is big enough for some mammalian prey

Ephesians

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
My B. Albo chugs pinkie's like crazy...I need to take a pic of her abdomen...its freakin amazing. Kruz...you have a fireleg? I hate you..lol. That's my DREAM T, besides the Tigerrump. How are they? Good display, or cowardess?

Ephesians

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
PS...AWESOME pic Holley...as always. I still insist you need to make us a photo album...yay!

krucz36

Chelcirator
Old Timer
she's gorgeous, never hides, eats like mad, and she's growing great.
i got her for about $30, i saw one at the show, a little smaller than her (her name is "socks") for $180. hee hee here she is

Ephesians

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
That's freakin amazing. You got the hook up. They are sooo beautiful. I'm hoping to eventually aquire one, but I'll have to move out of my school apts. first. Oh well....::sniffle sniffle:: One daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay. lol

The_Phantom

Scarlet O' Hairy
Old Timer
HOLY CRA---BIG ENOUGH mouse ??????? WOOO ! I wanna see the ball that gets left over when its done with that !!!

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
Update:

well, it's now been over 8 hours, the mouse looks like a bag of liquified goo with hair ...yuck!!!
The spider is still sitting right on top of the mouse, and it's abdomen is getting fatter by the hour!
Where is my camera when I need it???!!!

krucz36

Chelcirator
Old Timer
yeah, that's the worst part of it. if they don't finish it, also, and it ends up rotting. blech

atavuss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Re: Update:

Originally posted by Immortal_sin
well, it's now been over 8 hours, the mouse looks like a bag of liquified goo with hair ...yuck!!!
The spider is still sitting right on top of the mouse, and it's abdomen is getting fatter by the hour!
Where is my camera when I need it???!!!
I have stopped using any rodents that have hair on them.....makes a heckuva mess to clean up after the t is done....hair all over everywhere! I service/clean the rodent bins once a week so all the feeders are a week old or less. I do save a few each week to grow larger for my snakes though.
BTW, there was a TAIL LESS rat in one of the bins.....I let it grow larger and very strange to see a rat with no tail! anyone ever see this before? anyone want to see a pic? It does not look like the tail was chewed off, there is no stump or anything.....hate for it to be a feeder!
Ed