Mbalfouri Communal

FilExotics

Arachnopeon
Hello guys. I am about to buy a new Mbalfouri coz I wanted to have a pair. Now the question is, can I put them together? I wanted to have them as communal but I am afraid that they will attack each other. So I am asking for help from those long time keepers of Mbalfouri. Communal or not. Thanks guys. Have a great day!

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
Keep them separate, and keep them alive. A communal does not benefit them in anyway only you, only presents a higher risk of cannibalism for them.

BoyFromLA

Spoon feeder
Arachnosupporter +
Good news for you.

You can literally keep them very very safe as a pair without a single concern of them attacking or eating each other.

How?

It’s very simple. Keep each in a separate enclosure. Yet, many out there can’t seem to figure out how, and why this simple method perfectly works, just because it is too simple to be true.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Hello guys. I am about to buy a new Mbalfouri coz I wanted to have a pair. Now the question is, can I put them together? I wanted to have them as communal but I am afraid that they will attack each other. So I am asking for help from those long time keepers of Mbalfouri. Communal or not. Thanks guys. Have a great day!
There are no reports of communal species in the wild.

Depends on your ethics

The risk is all on the Ts who have no choice, if they die, nothing happens to you. Your life continues not theirs.

They are cannibals even with sac-mates

One method means both your Ts will thrive

The other idea means they might die.

Ask yourself this, would you want to be treated this way- shoved in a box where you may get murdered, eaten alive?

If the answer is NO- why is your life of greater value than Ts??

If YES, continue on with trivializing the lives of these amazing, beautiful animals, who have been around longer than you.

starlight_kitsune

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Now the question is, can I put them together? I wanted to have them as communal but I am afraid that they will attack each other.
If you're afraid they'll attack each other, which is definitely possible and even likely, then that's your answer already. Keep them separate and safe. :)

FilExotics

Arachnopeon
Okay thanks for the advice guys. Another question, what if my my mbalfouri becomes mature and gravid? Should I pull the egg sac or not? I saw videos on youtube that they do not pull or separate eggsacs. They just let them hatch inside the enclosure. That makes them in a communal setup. Any tips guys? My male is currently in 3.5" and the other one is around 3.5" too.

starlight_kitsune

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Okay thanks for the advice guys. Another question, what if my my mbalfouri becomes mature and gravid? Should I pull the egg sac or not? I saw videos on youtube that they do not pull or separate eggsacs. They just let them hatch inside the enclosure. That makes them in a communal setup. Any tips guys? My male is currently in 3.5" and the other one is around 3.5" too.
Are you planning on them being communal then after all? Or are you worried about a phantom egg sac, or them having been bred prior to you getting them?

FilExotics

Arachnopeon
Are you planning on them being communal then after all? Or are you worried about a phantom egg sac, or them having been bred prior to you getting them?
I am asking what is the best thing I should do. This will be my first time breeding, and I want it to try on my mbalfouri. If you have any advice or tips feel free to share it my guy. Communal or not, I want what's best for my ts if ever.

if real yes
Thank you sir. Will do that.

starlight_kitsune

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I am asking what is the best thing I should do. This will be my first time breeding, and I want it to try on my mbalfouri. If you have any advice or tips feel free to share it my guy. Communal or not, I want what's best for my ts if ever.
Oooh so you're not asking about a surprise sac after purchase but an intentional pairing of them down the road.

Honestly in that case I recommend getting another balfouri for that in addition to these two. If they're being sold as a communal pair, they're likely siblings from the same sac and not advisable to pair them as a result.

Editing to add: Past research on what to do with a surprise sac of A. seemanni I have no experience with on breeding or when to pull the sac. So past saying don't pair siblings I have no advice but there should be threads searchable on the forum and breeding reports.

FilExotics

Arachnopeon
Oooh so you're not asking about a surprise sac after purchase but an intentional pairing of them down the road.

Honestly in that case I recommend getting another balfouri for that in addition to these two. If they're being sold as a communal pair, they're likely siblings from the same sac and not advisable to pair them as a result.

Editing to add: Past research on what to do with a surprise sac of A. seemanni I have no experience with on breeding or when to pull the sac. So past saying don't pair siblings I have no advice but there should be threads searchable on the forum and breeding reports.
I currently have one male balf aroung 3.5" then I ordered another 3.5" too but a female one. So basically they are not mature yet but I believe that they will become mature soon. But as you all guys said, it is not beneficial for those two, to be put in a communal set up as they can cannibalize each other. So I am asking what if I tried to breed them, am I going to pull the sac or not.

BoyFromLA

Spoon feeder
Arachnosupporter +
Often times, males tend to mature first before females do. That being said, if both are about same size, and not yet matured, your male might not be viable / around when your female eventually mature to breed. If you are indeed planning to breed, it’s better to wait till your female mature, then get a matured male or vice versa.

FilExotics

Arachnopeon
Often times, males tend to mature first before females do. That being said, if both are about same size, and not yet matured, your male might not be viable / around when your female eventually mature to breed. If you are indeed planning to breed, it’s better to wait till your female mature, then get a matured male or vice versa.
Can I adjust the feeding for my male so that my female can catchup? What do you think?

Neonblizzard

Arachnomoron
Can I adjust the feeding for my male so that my female can catchup? What do you think?
I second @BoyFromLA in that you're much better off getting a female, raising her so she's mature then finding yourself a male.
The male of the pair will almost certainly be dead before the female is ready