Maybe dead tarantula

GOKU

Arachnopeon
I moved my wood hide out of the cage and noticed my tarantula not moving I poked at her back legs no response and then poked at abdomen it’s still solid and she is usually bolty and active she was active this morning I held her and she didn’t move or anything it’s been 5 days since she has eaten and I mist every day feed her 3 times a week and refresh water dish her abdomen looks kinda twisted when I flipped her over if she was having shedding complications but Idk can someone help thanks

Attachments

8 legged

Arachnoprince
Sorry to say this, but looks dead to me. If there is no reaction after touching...
Is it possible something hit it from above?

DomGom TheFather

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter
If you post pics of the enclosure, I'm sure some of us would be happy to help you address any issues for the future.
I can tell you not to mist this species if you decide to get another. Misting in general is unnecessary but these guys are quite sensitive to stuffy conditions.

8 legged

Arachnoprince
I have several GBB juveniles here and am amazed that the animal is under a bark. I only know that from adult animals. The young usually spend their time in the web above the ground. In the picture one could interpret that the animal was trapped...

GOKU

Arachnopeon
I have several GBB juveniles here and am amazed that the animal is under a bark. I only know that from adult animals. The young usually spend their time in the web above the ground. In the picture one could interpret that the animal was trapped...
Yea she was usually chilling up in her artificial plant up toward the top of the tank but she comes down to shed usually that’s what I thought

Baby T

Arachnoknight
GBB do not require misting, ever!
Sorry for your loss. Maybe some more pics could help you with what went wrong...

Iamconstantlyhappy

Arachnoknight
Sorry; deadsville. GBBs come from desert areas of northern Venezuela. As far more experienced keepers than me have mentioned, no reason to mist a GBB.

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
Can you post pictures of the entire enclosure? In that whole area, maybe its just me but I see zero webbing in that area? Some arent big webbers, like mine is not, but i see no web at all. Im very curious as to what the rest of the enclosure looks like.

GOKU

Arachnopeon
Can you post pictures of the entire enclosure? In that whole area, maybe its just me but I see zero webbing in that area? Some arent big webbers, like mine is not, but i see no web at all. Im very curious as to what the rest of the enclosure looks like.
Just cleaned out the cage but I still have it’s webbing in a cup he started up on top webbed it all then moved down and burrowed and webbed it all up