May I breed this crossbreeded tarantula (Klaasi x Fireleg) to some other brachypelma species.

Please dont be rude at me im just asking and I keep em for my own collection

• I was planning to breed this female xbreed to a emilia or some sort of other brachypelma.

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • I was planning to breed this female xbreed to a emilia or some sort of other brachypelma.

Votes: 2 100.0%

• Total voters

Tomoran

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
The title screams TROLL. The poll screams TROLL. Why is this person even given a moment of thought or rebuttal?
Because, sadly, there are people out there who would do this. I just had a very lengthy back-and-forth email exchange with a young man from the Philippines who asked why it was a big deal to hybridize and spoke of creating "designer tarantulas" like people have done with ball pythons. He wasn't trolling; he seriously didn't get why it was a bad idea at first.

Sure, there's a good chance this guy or gal is out to get a rise out of folks; it seems to me that he was pretty sure of the response he'd get. Personally, I wasn't upset when I responded. But, if there was a even chance that it wasn't a troll, I've said my peace.

Last edited:

Walker253

Arachnobaron
Because, sadly, there are people out there who would do this. I just had a very lengthy back-and-forth email exchange with a young man from the Philippines who asked why it was a big deal to hybridize and spoke of creating "designer tarantulas" like people have done with ball pythons. He wasn't trolling; he seriously didn't get why it was a bad idea at first.

Sure, there's a good chance this guy or gal is out to get a rise out of folks; it seems to me that he was pretty sure of the response he'd get. Personally, I wasn't upset when I responded. But, if there was a even chance that it wasn't a troll, I've said my peace.
Yes, I recognize your point, but most who discuss it seriously, have a rebuttal. This isn't the first time a young person from the Philippines has trolled this board. The account was set up a couple days ago, the poll is a poor attempt at baiting. The post just set the hook. TROLL

Leila

Arachnobaron
Okay...am I the only one here who is like "what the actual crap is up with dude's poll??" :rofl::rofl::rofl:

You have two boxes you can select.
They both say the same thing.
The poll has nothing to do with anyone voting.

:rofl::rofl::rofl: I am officially dead.

Tomoran

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Yes, I recognize your point, but most who discuss it seriously, have a rebuttal. This isn't the first time a young person from the Philippines has trolled this board. The account was set up a couple days ago, the poll is a poor attempt at baiting. The post just set the hook. TROLL
You asked and I responded. Now, I'll step away as to not help extend this TROLL thread any longer. :troll:;)

TarantulaArvind

Arachnopeon
@op .. This is more than just about a) the hobby and b) personal collection.
It's not right to tamper with nature.there's a reason why different species diverged in nature, and are now separated geographically and genetically. we lowly humans have no right to meddle with it. the catastorphic effects will ripple more than just beyond the superficial concern for the hobby.

plz don't do it...

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
we lowly humans have no right to meddle with it. the catastorphic effects will ripple more than just beyond the superficial concern for the hobby.

plz don't do it...
What impact would it have on anything other then the hobby? I don't quite understand your reasoning here...

And the "superficial" concern is actually a serious one, the underlying effects of hybridization still negatively affect our hobby to this day.

TarantulaArvind

Arachnopeon
And the "superficial" concern is actually a serious one, the underlying effects of hybridization still negatively affect our hobby to this day.
Sorry bro ..What I meant was, relative to the ecological impact it would have if one of those escaped, the concern for the hobby is a relatively superficial one.. I didn't mean to downplay the negative impact it'd have on the hobby(I too love keeping Ts as a hobby, wish no harm for it) .. Just that I want Ppl to see the bigger picture here..

That way, even if someone thinks it's not going to hurt the hobby, there'll be another check in place to stop the people from creating abominations by making them realise that environment is much more important.

What impact would it have on anything other then the hobby? I don't quite understand your reasoning here...
Most of the species that we keep are not native to where we live. If one of them escaped itself, it has potential to create ecological disaster.
On top of this, not to mention the hybrids. Granted, most of them generally might be sterile,but unfortunately if they do reproduce and colonise a non native area, who's to guess what is gonna happen?

This is why I kept stressing that damage to the environment will be of greater importance in comparison to hobby.(just my personal opinion, feel free to disagree)

PS: besides, it's not morally /ethically correct to hybridise wild animals on a whim jus so that they look aesthetically pleasing to our eyes ..

nicodimus22

Arachnomancer
Arachnosupporter
RIP my epic pink-haired troll photo.

:troll: <=== Sometimes this just isn't enough.

Vermis

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
You refer to it as your business or your collection. I call it rape of the natural world.
And before you even knew what you had, you patented it *BANG* and packaged it *BANG* and slapped it on a plastic lunchbox, and now...

The poll screams TROLL.
Gonna be honest, I thought it screamed 'I'm not entirely sure what I'm supposed to type in this space'.

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
Dibs on the slings. There's a nice spot that I need to fill in my freezer.

Illumi

Arachnopeon
Please don't. If you know it's hybrid, enjoy it as a beautiful spider but please don't allow it to pollute the gene pool. I have a boehmei/baumgarteni hybrid that I love, but I will never mate her. That said, I don't know how many others unknowingly received hybrids from the same sac and bred them. The offspring could be out there as we speak. There are enough accidental hybrids out there in the hobby that we don't want to complicate the issue by purposely producing them.

Even if you did it for your own collection, do you really want to raise and keep hundreds of impure hybrids? That's a large commitment and for very little reward (especially when there are so many amazing species to be kept).
Please don't. If you know it's hybrid, enjoy it as a beautiful spider but please don't allow it to pollute the gene pool. I have a boehmei/baumgarteni hybrid that I love, but I will never mate her. That said, I don't know how many others unknowingly received hybrids from the same sac and bred them. The offspring could be out there as we speak. There are enough accidental hybrids out there in the hobby that we don't want to complicate the issue by purposely producing them.

Even if you did it for your own collection, do you really want to raise and keep hundreds of impure hybrids? That's a large commitment and for very little reward (especially when there are so many amazing species to be kept).
Yah maybe thats a good explanation. I better keep it. I really loved its stunning beauty. Only a few of them survive and im lucky to have one.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Yah maybe thats a good explanation. I better keep it. I really loved its stunning beauty. Only a few of them survive and im lucky to have one.
Holy crap....:eek: it talks!
Seriously though, just don't