May I breed this crossbreeded tarantula (Klaasi x Fireleg) to some other brachypelma species.

Please dont be rude at me im just asking and I keep em for my own collection

• I was planning to breed this female xbreed to a emilia or some sort of other brachypelma.

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • I was planning to breed this female xbreed to a emilia or some sort of other brachypelma.

Votes: 2 100.0%

• Total voters

Illumi

Arachnopeon
Is it fine if ill mate this crossbreeded tarantula ( Fireleg x Klaasi) as what you can see on the photo posted. I was planning to mate it with a male emilia or some other brachypelma species if and i did it for my own collection not for business.

Attachments

Tomoran

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Is it fine if ill mate this crossbreeded tarantula ( Fireleg x Klaasi) as what you can see on the photo posted. I was planning to mate it with a male emilia or some other brachypelma species if and i did it for my own collection not for business.
Please don't. If you know it's hybrid, enjoy it as a beautiful spider but please don't allow it to pollute the gene pool. I have a boehmei/baumgarteni hybrid that I love, but I will never mate her. That said, I don't know how many others unknowingly received hybrids from the same sac and bred them. The offspring could be out there as we speak. There are enough accidental hybrids out there in the hobby that we don't want to complicate the issue by purposely producing them.

Even if you did it for your own collection, do you really want to raise and keep hundreds of impure hybrids? That's a large commitment and for very little reward (especially when there are so many amazing species to be kept).

mack1855

Arachnoangel
Arachnosupporter +
Never thought I'd say this to anyone on AB,but wishing you nothing but failure in this.And if you have to ask why...

Vermis

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Even if you did it for your own collection, do you really want to raise and keep hundreds of impure hybrids? That's a large commitment and for very little reward (especially when there are so many amazing species to be kept).
This is what immediately sprang to my mind. I'm not at all sure what your motives and end goals are, Illumi.

boina

Lady of the mites
Quite honestly: this question is so ridiculous that the first thing coming to my mind was: troll.

Pure and simple.

PanzoN88

Arachnodemon
Very bad idea and a topic that is not going to get any positive feedback.

14pokies

Arachnoprince
Listen @Illumi you have it all wrong.. You can't breed a brachy hybrid to another brachy or another brachy hybrid.. The slings won't make it..You need to strengthen the blood lines first.

For bulk and agility I would suggest breeding it to a male P.muticus aka( king baboon).. Now he is a wise old man this King.. He will notice that his Queen is not the true Queen.. So for a month before you breed them house your brachy hybrid with the biggest adult female king baboon you can find.She needs to be atleast seven inches.. At the end of the month your Brachy will smell just like the female king baboon and be ready to introduce to the king for the outcrossing..

By the way it's completely normal for the female king baboon and your Brachy to "hug" it almost looks like fighting but it's not.. It's scent transfer..

I wish you the best of luck...

Last edited:

Charlie69

Arachnosquire
I don't think you thought this through. How will you keep and care for 500 slings. What security measures do you need to carry out to ensure that not one of them get into the hobby, and ruins the Brachypelma species for all future. PLEASE DON'T

mack1855

Arachnoangel
Arachnosupporter +
Listen @Illumi you have it all wrong.. You can't breed a brachy hybrid to another brachy or another brachy hybrid.. The slings won't make it..You need to strengthen the blood lines first.

For bulk and agility I would suggest breeding it to a male P.muticus aka( king baboon).. Now he is a wise old man this King.. He will notice that his Queen is not the true Queen.. So for a month before you breed them house your brachy hybrid with the biggest adult female king baboon you can find.She needs to be atleast seven inches.. At the end of the month your Brachy will smell just like the female king baboon and be ready to introduce to the king for the outcrossing..

By the way it's completely normal for the female king baboon and your Brachy to "hug" it almost looks like fighting but it's not.. It's scent transfer..

mack1855

Arachnoangel
Arachnosupporter +
You forgot to add...don't feed anything to the King for at least 14 days prior to adding the Brachy.

mconnachan

Arachnoprince
No it's a bad idea, the muddled gene pool of the brachy genus is in a bad enough state already without you adding to it, keep your cross bred T to itself, in doing so your helping to prevent more cross bred tarantulas in the hobby. If you bought a B. vagans for instance and it turned out to be a cross breed you'd be very angry, due to the cost of the T and being told it was a pure bred B. vagans. Please don't spoil the hobby for everyones sake, DONT DO IT!

Haemus

Arachnosquire
You refer to it as your business or your collection. I call it rape of the natural world.

mconnachan

Arachnoprince
Very bad idea and a topic that is not going to get any positive feedback.
100% correct, the man's not thinking straight obviously, we're all trying to keep the hobby as pure as humanly possible and along comes this....well you can finish this sentence yourself.

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
You can do whatever you want, no one here can prevent that, I don't quite understand your question, if your looking for the go ahead, look elsewhere.

You shouldn't be expecting support on a practice that nearly every person involved in this hobby loathes, thats wishful thinking at best.

Last edited:

Lunitar

Arachnoslacker

A solid plan, I was thinking more Haplopelma though.

Also IBTL!

Last edited by a moderator:

Walker253

Arachnobaron
The title screams TROLL. The poll screams TROLL. Why is this person even given a moment of thought or rebuttal?