May I breed this crossbreeded tarantula (Klaasi x Fireleg) to some other brachypelma species.

Please dont be rude at me im just asking and I keep em for my own collection

• I was planning to breed this female xbreed to a emilia or some sort of other brachypelma.

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • I was planning to breed this female xbreed to a emilia or some sort of other brachypelma.

Votes: 2 100.0%

• Total voters

Moakmeister

Arachnodemon
I know a lot about tarantulas but i still don't know barey a dark thing about breeding. Aside from deliberate crossbreeding being screwed up and preverted, even for unthinking and uncaring creatures sich as tarantulas, if he doesn't sell or further breed the hybrids and therefore doesn't ruin the DNA of the genus for the hobby, then what's the harm?

JoshDM020

Arachnobaron
I know a lot about tarantulas but i still don't know barey a dark thing about breeding. Aside from deliberate crossbreeding being screwed up and preverted, even for unthinking and uncaring creatures sich as tarantulas, if he doesn't sell or further breed the hybrids and therefore doesn't ruin the DNA of the genus for the hobby, then what's the harm?
Accidents happen. Something could happen to him and leave someone else in charge of what happens. Someone who doesnt know. They could sell as a "polite humane" way to get rid of them. Its kindof a longshot, but it could happen. Like winning the worlds worst lottery.

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
Because do you really think that he'll be the only one to own 200+ spiders that will live for decades? Absolutely not. He may keep them for a few years, but those spiders will eventually make their way into the hobby.

mconnachan

Arachnoprince
They'll definitely get into the hobby, with the amount of slings that will be produced, the OP won't keep them all for himself, one will go to a friend, another to an admirer, the next thing you know they're all over the hobby.

Because do you really think that he'll be the only one to own 200+ spiders that will live for decades? Absolutely not. He may keep them for a few years, but those spiders will eventually make their way into the hobby.
100% agree with this, they'll end up in the hobby without doubt.

Accidents happen. Something could happen to him and leave someone else in charge of what happens. Someone who doesnt know. They could sell as a "polite humane" way to get rid of them. Its kindof a longshot, but it could happen. Like winning the worlds worst lottery.
That's exactly what will happen, we're all trying to find MM and MF for our spp. so why do such a stupid thing, don't breed the T, keep it, admire it's beauty and please, please don't breed it with any other species, the gene pool is so messed up in certain sp. B. albopilosum for one - hobby form - mixed species.