May have been bitten by brown recluse..? Can anyone ID pic?

jmack3d

Arachnopeon
Hey all, been around 4 days since I felt a small pain while outside. Didn't see the actual insect or bug that bit me, though have seen a frequency of spiders in my backyard. Im in central Florida ny the way. Having pain in the area and itching and numbness and it seems to be getting worse. Has swollen vertically a bit too. This is a pic I just took, anyone have any ideas on if it could be a recluse or other breed of arachnid?

Heres the wound as of 10 minutes ago? Any ideas?

[/IMG]
[/IMG]

Crone Returns

Arachnoangel
Hey all, been around 4 days since I felt a small pain while outside. Didn't see the actual insect or bug that bit me, though have seen a frequency of spiders in my backyard. Im in central Florida ny the way. Having pain in the area and itching and numbness and it seems to be getting worse. Has swollen vertically a bit too. This is a pic I just took, anyone have any ideas on if it could be a recluse or other breed of arachnid?

Heres the wound as of 10 minutes ago? Any ideas?

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
Go to a doctor. Nobody knows because you don't have a carcass of the Bitey Thang.

arizonablue

Arachnosquire
If it's getting worse after 4 days, doctor is recommended. Draw a circle around the mark with a pen and watch to see if it gets bigger. If you decide to just keep an eye on it, put some antibiotic ointment on it regularly. If you start to see red marks that go outward from the bite site, stop waiting and get to a doctor.

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
If it's getting worse after 4 days, doctor is recommended. Draw a circle around the mark with a pen and watch to see if it gets bigger. If you decide to just keep an eye on it, put some antibiotic ointment on it regularly. If you start to see red marks that go outward from the bite site, stop waiting and get to a doctor.
Exactly. That fast it's venom caused. Pay attention to signs. Headache, nausea, light headed, shortness of breath, restricted respirations and so on. If any symptom develops, a trip to the ER is in order.

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
A few things worth noting: