Mature (ultimate) male Monocentropus balfouri post-molt lifespan

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Just thought I'd share the lifespan of my MM balfouri, and hopefully others with males will chime in as well so we can get a pretty good idea of their general lifespan once they mature.

Matured 11/10/09.
Died 7/28/10.

I'm going to cast him in resin - I'll post pictures once I do.

--Joe

Arachnoholic420

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Tnx for the info Joe... That's some good and bad news at the same time...
Definitely would love to see that resin casting...
Did he at least get to do his deed??...
Sorry for your loss but at least you have gathered up some great info...

Peace Bro,
Armando

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
You're all welcome for the info. Just to keep everyone from trying to calculate how long he lived after maturing - 8 months, 18 days.

Tnx for the info Joe... That's some good and bad news at the same time...
Definitely would love to see that resin casting...
Did he at least get to do his deed??...
Sorry for your loss but at least you have gathered up some great info...

Peace Bro,
Armando
Yes, he visited two females. One of the females molted. The other hasn't yet, so we'll see how it goes.

You're an asset to this hobby, Joe. Thank you for posting that information. I'm sorry for your loss.
I wouldn't say that, but thank you for the compliment.

It's not really a loss - he lived his life and did what he was born to do. I'm glad I got him back and was able to find him before he started rotting, so I can cast him. His colors have dulled quite a bit and I bet once I cast him (the resin is thermal, so he'll heat up a little) he will probably dull down even more.

If anyone else has info regarding their MM balfouri maturation and death dates, please post them. Even if he hasn't died yet, post the maturation date so I can PM the heck out of you later on to find out when he died. :}