mature male T's

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
can anyone tell me why, biologicaly, mature males die soon after their last moult?

Yuki

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
not sure why, but i guess they are made to make babies, then die. and they get eaten a lot of the time by the females. it could be like salmon, after mating they die. there are lots of animals like this.

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i know. my girfriend is studying forensic anthropology and asked me the other night why my a. avic was acting like he's had a stroke. i told her it's 'old age' but could not tell her why this happends biologicaly.

elyanalyous

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
also for the most part, they are unable to molt again, because thier sexual organs are swollen up and they cannot pull them out. A molt is the way of the body regenerating and regrowing.

Hedorah99

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
can anyone tell me why, biologicaly, mature males die soon after their last moult?
Its just the end of its life. Biologically it was only designed to get to that point and no farther. Basically its dying of old age.

Alice

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
first, there is the molt thing - they just cannot pull out their sexual organs.

second, they have to take up a wandering life after they mature, to get to the static females. there is just no time for finding food while you are up and about to mate with as many females as possible. many males die from starvation or being eaten.

so, what would be the point of a longer life once they have fulfilled their role in procreation (from a biological point of view)?