Mature Male P. cambridgei!!

arachnopunks

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Woo-hoo!!!! One of the P. cambridgei spiderlings we raised had his ultimate molt today. We already had a mature female and picked up a few slings about a year ago hoping to get a good male. The one we were pretty sure was male molted out today. He almost doubled in size. I truely did not expect it to happen until the next molt. His sister molted last week and isn't anywhere NEAR the size he is, although he looks pretty small compared to our mature female. I can't wait to breed them. We have never seen an arboreal mating. Any tips??

-Jill

Wade

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I haven't found the females to be especially hard on the males. Last time I bred them, I had a male that I rotating between several females, and I usually left him overnight with each. He did end up getting munched, but by then he had spent a night in each females cage at least three times.

What I like to do now with aboreals is find a tank/container big enough so that both cages will fit inside. I put the cages inside, remove the lids, and cover the large container. This way, they can find one annother at their liesure, plus the male has more room to escape if she gets hungry.

Wade

arachnopunks

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Re: Re: Mature Male P. cambridgei!!

Thanks for the 411. We will try that. Our female is relatively docile so hopefully she will be nice to him.

Originally posted by Wade
I haven't found the females to be especially hard on the males. Last time I bred them, I had a male that I rotating between several females, and I usually left him overnight with each. He did end up getting munched, but by then he had spent a night in each females cage at least three times.

What I like to do now with aboreals is find a tank/container big enough so that both cages will fit inside. I put the cages inside, remove the lids, and cover the large container. This way, they can find one annother at their liesure, plus the male has more room to escape if she gets hungry.

Wade