Species Theraphosa blondi

kitty_b

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i think she needs a little roller under her butt so she can get around!

IguanaMama

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
She is going to be left with stretch marks and feel self-conscience in a bikini.

ftorres

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
HEllo,
How long do they usually take to lay the eggs sack?

Is she going to use a pre made burrow or she will dig one before laying?

thanks
Ftorres

pedro041484

Arachnopeon
"holy crap again" LOL:wall: :wall: beautiful!! gorgeous! perfect!:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

BLS Blondi

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
As far as T. blondi gestation...I have seen it all. Sometimes they drop a sac fairly quickly, but I have seen others keep the eggs internally for up to 5 months before dropping the sac. T. blondi appears to be a species that can hold on to the sac much longer until conditions are right. As for as digging, they will create a bowl shaped crater in the ground right before laying a sac. And by the way, she is even fatter now. I will try to post a new pic soon.

Dark

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
:eek: :eek: :eek:

If I were you I would be paranoid on making sure no sharp objects were in the same room as that one. Good luck, hope the egg sac is at least half as big as her.

patrick86

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Simply and utterly amazing how big that girl is. I almost feel sorry for her. Best of luck with her and the slings.

thirtysixwood

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Theraphosa Blondi, This guy is probably the second biggest one I've ever had, with a 10 inch leg span, he is truely a big boy...

ricneto

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Great looking blondi :eek:
Have you kept him since sling?
How long did it took him to mature since you had him?

thirtysixwood

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I got this guy about a year and a half ago, he just molted for the first time in my care about 2 months ago... he is a Long term captive T. I dont know how long they take to grow, but I'd say pretty fast...minus the ultimate molt... I waited a while. It all depends on how you feed them too. If you feed them all the time they will grow quicker, but I would say mine was on a strict diet... eating about 8-10 crickets every two weeks... and a mouse every once in a while, only 2 to be exact.

A blondi was my first T about 4 years ago or so, and I've owned 3 of them, and an T. Apopthisis. I like them. to me its like everybody having a rose hair... you just have to have one to say you have one.

Austin S.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
No offense or anything, but is that what he is being kept in? It looks something like a box. Nice looking blondi by the way

thirtysixwood

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
its not, I was moving him, and thats the only thing I had, but he's in an aquarium now... he's going for "Stud Service" on monday.

arachi american

Arachnopeon
how old is this thread? ill trade you one of my babies for one of yours.... ive got suntigers and togo's on the way =)