Mature B. Vagans

julesaussies

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i've searched around a little and can't seem to find an answer. How big does a B. vagans (female) need to be to reach sexual maturity- for breeding? Thx! :)

cheetah13mo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
They will be able to breed around 4 1/2 inches or so but it's not the size that determines their breedability. The best way to know when a female is breedable is to try to breed her. She will be receptive to the males approaches when she is ready and not before.

Varden

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
But even so, a receptive vagans female looks almost like she's trying to attack the male at first. She'll pounce at him and then be all docile while he hoists her up. It's so much fun to watch.

cheetah13mo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
But even so, a receptive vagans female looks almost like she's trying to attack the male at first. She'll pounce at him and then be all docile while he hoists her up. It's so much fun to watch.
True but the male will know the difference and try to hoist her up or turn and run and not try. It might take a few times to test and see.

julesaussies

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
They will be able to breed around 4 1/2 inches or so but it's not the size that determines their breedability. The best way to know when a female is breedable is to try to breed her. She will be receptive to the males approaches when she is ready and not before.
Cool. Maybe i'll go bug my girl and ask her for a quick measurement!! i have this girl and a couple slings - well, not really slings anymore as they are growing like weeds!! i never realized any Brachy could grow as fast as these little B. vagans. They were slings when i got them 3 months ago and i think now they would be called Juvies! Anyway, i can't say they're my favorite, only because i'm constantly changing my mind but i REALLY like them!! {D Thx!

julesaussies

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
N. Chromatus

Okay, my B. vagans girl is still a little small so maybe after her next molt. How about N. chromatus - how big do those girlies need to be? i realize from the previous posts it isn't all about size, but in general?? Thx!