Mature Avic Dying??

DeadLegs

Arachnopeon
So I don't know if anyone will recall my posts about "rescuing" a poor, disheveled mature Avic but I am now concerned about the poor guy.

As I was told to expect when I very first posted about him on here, he only eats ever so rarely, doesn't web very much at all and isnt usually all that active.

However he is ALWAYS either on his piece of bark, on the background of his enclosure or even sometimes on the glass.

Today though was and is very different. I came home from work and he was laying on the floor of his enclosure between the background and the bark piece that lays against it.

That was about five hours ago, and he has not moved. I even lightly prodded him a little and it didn't get but a slight reaction. He seems like he's really sort of limp but I'm not 100% sure because I don't want to aggravate or stress him.

Has anyone else experienced this upon a mature male passing? Is this what to expect? I feel like this is a stupid question given all the things I've described. But I just don't know.

Trenor

Arachnoprince
If it's a he and he is mature then it's likely old age. Do you have photos of him?

ledzeppelin

Arachnobaron
Mature males sometimes tend to almost fall apart after a few months >< i wouldnt be surprised if the poor guy is losing the battle with mortality :/