Mating? Fighting?

Emp. scorpion

Arachnopeon
How can you tell the difference of whether scorpions are mating or fighting?

Please reply ASAP!

Emp. scorpion

Arachnopeon
Mating?

When scorpions are fighting do they lock claws and try to sting each or do they just sting each other?

Please reply ASAP!

AirForce1AkaB

Arachnopeon
Kinda hard to tell if they wanted im sure they would just go and sting each other, when mating it looks like they were trying to sting but that was only one of them why he was pulling the other one, How long have they been in the tank togehter, Just closly moniter it an u may have to break it up Good luck

AirForce1AkaB

Arachnopeon
Is one pulling at the other sort of dragging him over, BTW how long have they been together in the same tank?

Emp. scorpion

Arachnopeon
No they just curve over and kind of sting each other, but I do not think they ever puncture the body.

10min. maybe?

AirForce1AkaB

Arachnopeon
if mating is going on they would pull each other, Thats a risk u take for adding another scorpion with the other they might fight for so called territory,it MAY all pass but if u dont want to risk it u can serperate them eaither by tank or just get a pencil to something

Arachnophilist

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
sounds like mating..

thats what mating looks like..

and look for one of these on a hard surface after.. if you see it they mated.

ftorres

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
MAting or Fighting????

Hello All,
I just introduced my male in to the females tank, a 10 gallon terarium and the female wants to fight? with the male, he has to rum away from her.
Does this mean he is not ready or she is not ready?

Should i leave them togheter?

Can anyone advise???

Thanks
FT

C_Strike

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Try to bear in mind they also have predators in the wild..they have to assertain freind or foe..
including scorps..its terretorial, and assessment.
You say they have been together 10mins? thats why.. they getting accustomed to each other by the sounds of it

P.jasonius

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Here's an easy way to tell the difference:
If they're mating, they will grab claws sting and shove each other around, and a spermatophore will be left behind.:clap:
If they're fighting, they will grab claws sting and shove each other around, and a carcass will be left behind.{D

Crono

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Here's an easy way to tell the difference:
If they're mating, they will grab claws sting and shove each other around, and a spermatophore will be left behind.:clap:
If they're fighting, they will grab claws sting and shove each other around, and a carcass will be left behind.{D
If one flips the other over, thats a good hint for fighting too;)