Mating behaviors

Anastasia

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Its interesting to observe mating behavior in different Genus and species, they are all not the same
I was amused when pair my Avicularia urticans, males are very ballsy and persistent. One of my females been post molt 4-5 weeks, molt was still in her enclosure, male came inside enclosure all vibrating. First he tried to violate the molt and when that fail he found female hiding, she seems had no interest in foreplay, but male decide to take to a different level.
He slapped her with front feet chasing her out of her hiding spot, went quick after her, caught her and practically latched on to her bending her backwards and get his ways with her :eek:
Wow, never saw such dominant foreplay form a male before
he pushed her, slap her, chased her, grabbed her... oi... saying like, now do your female duty..
in the end she did produced nice size sac full of healthy spiderlings
if I ever reincarnate in to tarantula it would have to be female Pamphobeteus or Poecilotheria or Xenesthis there is no pushing them girls around :D

Last edited:

Johnny1320

Arachnopeon
Talk about an alpha male lol.

With the Pamphobeteus do you mean literally? Because I have tried to move our 6" female platyomma with a paintbrush and shes just doesnt budge.

Anastasia

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
John,
most of my Pamphobeteus stand their ground with butt up in the air flicking hairs with both back legs, looks like a mushroom cloud of hairs
their mating behavior is pretty cut and dry, males usually approach with caution, if female not ready she will let him know
and if he not fast enough he may loose a limb
I love Pamphobeteus genus, they have so much character and colors of course
Ahh, and hairs...... {D

Johnny1320

Arachnopeon
John,
most of my Pamphobeteus stand their ground with butt up in the air flicking hairs with both back legs, looks like a mushroom cloud of hairs
their mating behavior is pretty cut and dry, males usually approach with caution, if female not ready she will let him know
and if he not fast enough he may loose a limb
I love Pamphobeteus genus, they have so much character and colors of course
Ahh, and hairs...... {D
Damn, Ive seen her kick a bit but I leave her be. Picked her up about 2 weeks ago and shes not very active. Maybe still settling in.

ChrisNCT

ChrisinTennessee
Old Timer
Hahahaha... just got into my head and I can't get it out. Ana's quote

" Its interesting to observe mating behavior in different Genus and species, they are all not the same"

Applies to humans too Ana! ;P

Anastasia

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
:p Chris
But seriously, I didnt pair many spec of Avics but been from same Genus A versicolor and A urticans have absolutely different mating behavior